Tuesday 17 November 2015

Exam fooooood

Hello folks!
How's your week been traveling so far? I am currently in the midst of exams (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday this week!) so things have been a tiny bit stressful over these parts but not too bad because my secret weapon is staying positive! That was not supposed to sound as lame and childish as it did, but in all seriousness a positive mind is so, so powerful!!

Any who, I didn't say it was my only secret weapon though.

The other?

Why, it's none other than a super healthy, delicious AWESOME breakfast to power my brain through the multiple hours in front of an A4 booklet of paper.

Featuring bananas, oats, protein powder, cinnamon and all the other good stuff, here is one of the breakfasts that fueled me:
Yep! I made an oatmeal bake!! Something I haven't done in quite a while! You can check out one I made a while back here.
To make this little beauty I simply cooked up 1/2 heaped cup rolled oats with 1 cup almond milk, 3/4 sliced banana, scoop of vanilla protein powder, dash of cinnamon and sprinkle of chia seeds until the liquid was absorbed (I added about 1/4-1/2 cup water as well for a little extra volume)

Then I lined the bottom of a  mini loaf pan with baking paper, sprayed the edges and pured the oat mix in, topping off with the remaining sliced banana:
And baking in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for around 20 mins, or until banana has caramelised and top has hardened:
Of course it wasn't complete yet...

A nice slathering of cashew butter topped it off with a bang!
Eaten alongside a refreshing cup of cherry fro-yo (handful of frozen cherries + 3 big scoops greek yoghurt- whazzed together until smooth) which complemented the baked oatmeal quite nicely.
This was so delicious; warm and gooey, mixed with random sections of hot, sweet banana and warm fudgey cashew butter..
Belly was happy!
And sure, sometimes when you're in exam week, breakfasts can be a little more... haphazardly delicious instead of looking utterly perfect...
In that instance, you simple make your delicious creation and shove it in an almost empty jar of nut butter:
There are no words :)

In the mix was steel cut oats, cherries, chia seeds, banana, almond milk and water- cooked until absorbed in a saucepan and then stirred together with some greek yoghurt.
Soooo tasty!

And I'm also not gonna lie- the dinners have been simple, strange and whatever foods I've been feeling like chucked in a bowl and consumed in great speed. Because hey- exams!?

Any who, a week and a bit left and then I am free as a bird to cook and create and EAATT to my hearts content! So look forward to that (I know I am!!)

What about you?
Do you make oatmeal bakes on the reg?
Fav flavour of oatmeal bake?
Exams- what was your comfort food that got you through?? Hellooo nut butter! ;)

Well that's it from me today folks, I hope you have a fantastic rest of your day/ week/ whenever I talk to you next (my ability to form complete sentences seems to be coming and going at the moment. I blame that on studying.) and in the meantime; ENJOY SOME DELICIOUS FOOOOD! Okiedokie, bye for now friendly friends!! :D

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait until school is over! I stress eat :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masala girl,
      I know how you feel friend- school has that power over us!!!
      Stay strong, we will get through this together! :D
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...