Wednesday 11 November 2015

WIAW #79- A Good Food Day!

Hello there friends!!
How has your week been going so far??
Mine has been filled with...
Studying. All the studying. So much studying. And food too, because for some reason I have been ravenously hungry! But that's never really a problem though- as it is such an easy solution- EAT ALL THE FOOD!

So today we celebrate the gloriousness that is food via the super-awesome link-up that is WIAW!! Thanks to Peas and Crayons for creating this awesome link-up!

This particular day was taken from Tuesday, a day of Blogilates workouts, school, school, school, flute lesson, study, and RELAXATION (finally!)

Breakfast: 7:15am
After a fun cardio Blogilats fitness video along with my 30-day fitness challenge, the stomach started grumbling and the body was craving a...
Creamy-dreamy green smoothie!!!
This delicious specimen of food love included a frozen banana, 1/4 rockmelon cut up and frozen, kale, spinach, oats and chia seeds soaked in almond milk, cashew butter and water:
I love adding rockmelon to smoothies as it has a beautiful flavour and adds to the voluminous and thick-ness of the smoothie (and I love slurping up a THICK smoothie!)
Although, always a spoon, just in case:
Nom.

Snack: 11:05am
PEAS
I LOVE PEAS.

Lunch: 1:40pm
By lunch, after 4 periods of school (one being PE) food was on my mind and a delicious lunch was sitting in my locker:
Roasted potato and white sweet potato with drained four beans, lentils and spinach:
Filling, delicious... happy days!

Snack: 4:00pm
Even thought that awesome lunch hit the spot, my stomach was grumbling once again by the time I got home and so a snack was required:
A nashi pear with black gapes and a mug of soy milk:
The rushing off to a flute lesson!

Dinner: 6:45pm
Flute lesson done, a little more studying entailing and dinner time rushing up to me..
Resulting in 2 slices of rye toast, topped with Vegemite, smashed avocado and poached egg, with a side of steamed veg (brussels, pumpkin, beetroot, parsnip):
It's days like these where I absolutely love eating.
I kid, of course. It's everyday that I absolutely love eating!

Finishing off the day with some almond milk warmed up with cinnamon- sweet, creamy and delicious!

And that's what I ate! Lot's of tasty, delicious fruit, veg,whole grains, protein- the body was feeling good!!

What about you?
Have you ever thrown rock melon in a smoothie?
Favourite frozen fruit (besides banana) to chuck in a smoothie?
Are you a 'leave a pumpkin skin on or off' kind of person? I always leave it on- I don't know why I just love the taste?!

I hope you all have a lovely rest of your day (however much rest of it there is left), smile lots, laugh even more and as always; eat something delicious! Bye for now!! :D

10 comments:

  1. Practically everything you ate today was green! I love the color scheme you have going on, haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia,
      Haha- you're right!! Sometimes days like these just happen!!!
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete
  2. I've never even had a rock melon! Do they taste like honeydew? I'll have to keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,
      Similar shape/ appearance as honeydew, but in my opinion 10 times better! They are sweeter and have their own distinct flavour :)
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete
  3. Yum! love all you meals, especially your dinner! I miss avocado toast:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith,
      Thank you!!! I too loooovvee avocado on toast- something about it is just perfect! :D
      Steph 2 chefxxx

      Delete
  4. As always such healthy and yummy food!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,
      Thank you! I do find I work at my optimal best when I eat these sorts of foods! :D
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete
  5. Always leave the skin on! Also, how else do you eat Vegemite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masala girl,
      ALWAYS!!
      In regards to vegemite, I have it on sandwiches, toast, crumpets, or spread on crackers :)
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...