Tuesday 24 November 2015

WIAW #81 A great day of eats!

Hello, hello to you beautiful people!

One more exam to go guys!! Yay!! And, fittingly for this blog, it is a Food Science and Technology exam- happy days!

Yep, the tough, traumatic ones (maths, chem, literature etc. etc.) are all over now and soon I will be enjoying the freedom that is Summer break!!

Ok, that's probably more than enough exclamation marks for one post! Instead, let us move on to something just as awesome as upcoming holidays- FOOOD. WIAW style :) A link-up detailing a full day of eats with no judgement or comparison, created by the awesome Peas and Crayons.

Here it is:

Breakfast: 7:30am
 
This particular What I Ate Wednesday is actually a What I Ate Tuesday beginning with an early wake up (it is the sun's fault. It decides to rise at 5 am now that it is basically Summer!) and one of my last fitness challenge days!!

That was all I chose to do this morning as I did a beach run the day before and was still kind of worn out from it!!

So after that little sweat session, I pranced into the kitchen and whipped up some brekky:
 That, my friends is a big mug full of choc protein cheesecake oats topped with melty coconut butter! Alongside a pink jar that was filled with water.
 Eaten in a sunshine yellow mug to make me feel sunshine yellow happy (it really is the best colour :)
 Rich, decadent, coconut-y, fudgey chocolate oats for brekky. Happy, happy days! :D

Lunch: 12:00pm

I was nice and hungry for lunch come 12 (on the dot) so I steamed up some veg, heated up some satay tofu and popped in some spinach and lettuce to the bowl for good measure:
 In the mix of steamed veg was potato, sweet potato, swede, pumpkin parsnip, peas, corn and capsicum:
 If you've read my blog for a while you would have picked on my love of fairly plain foods, which is why I happily sit down to a meal like this (plain steamed veg) and fell 100% satisfied afterwards :)
 And no, I did not peel anything- so much goodness going to waste when you do!

Snack: 5:00pm

After lunch I headed up to the shops for a secret Santa present and then meeting up with a friend to see Mocking jay Part 2!! Yes, I am a major Hunger Games fan and no, it did not disappoint. I just don't know what I'm going to do with my life now that it is over!

But that's ok, because at least there will always be fruit:
 A chopped up, blood red, snow white, red gala apple with some rockmelon.
 YUM!
Dinner: 7:00pm

For dinner, I was feeling something easy and simple and delicious!
 So I boiled two eggs, toasted up some multi-grain toast, topped it with hommus, oven roasted some eggplant, capsicum and tomato and threw in a small bowl of raw mixed nuts:
 Just what I wanted!
 Not the most creative but definitely filled with so many great flavours and foods I love!!

 After dinner I rounded out the day with a small handful of pitted dates :)

And that was Tuesday!

So tell me:
Do you have structured exercise plns for the week, or do you go with how you're feeling when you wake up? I used to be the latter (back in the unhealthy days) but now I'm definitely the former!
Are you a fan of plain foods some times? I love plain brown rice but then I know so many people who would gag at the thought of eating brown rice plain. Give me a bowl any day!
Favourite easy throw-together meal?

That's it from me today folks, I hope you all have a lovely day, spend time with friends and family, and as always; eat something delicious!! Bye for now! :D

8 comments:

  1. How do you steam your veggies? With steamer or steam basket....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather,
      I have like this electric plug in steamer where you put water in the bottom, the veggies in a kind of plastic steamer basket and then switch it on at the wall to heat the water. :) Hope that helps :)
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete
  2. I actually had to google was capsicum was :) haha we just call them peppers, here! All of your meals look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,
      There's quite a few veggies and fruit we say differently over in Aus (like rockmelon :) It's just the way we're raised I guess! It's kind of funny, really :)
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete
  3. omg where ARE THE PEAS?!

    I can't believe you guys are facing Summer- it's snowing outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arman,
      HAHAHAHA, Oh my goodness! It's ok, I worked them into lunch- they're still there! :D I can't believe you're living in America- I'm so jealous!! :)
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete
  4. Good luck on your exam! I’m sure you’ll do great since it is related to a topic you love! I’m so glad you enjoyed Mockingjay pt. 2! I was not too big a fan of it, so I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia,
      It was a really good exam (probably because I love the topic!!) And I did picture some parts a little differently to the book, but all in all I was left full of emotions after Mocking Jay pt 2! :)
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...