Sunday 1 November 2015

Lately in lunches!

Hi friendly friends!!

I love lunch.

But it's one of those meals that I don't share all that often. Maybe it's because I find that not as interesting as a fun new oatmeal creation or smoothie concoction (I've mentioned it before, I should probably just turn this food blog into a breakfast blog!)

However, my lunches have been looking mighty fine lately (if I do say so myself) and tasting even better. Er go, here is a post about lunch (and how to make your next one utterly amazing!)

Generally for lunch I like to go with a base grain and then work up with the veg, flavours and then protein I'm going to add. Enter this gorgeous rice bowl:
In the mix was brown rice, broccoli, brussels, shredded carrot and zucchini, capsicum, eggplant and kale, topped off with a runny pan-fried egg:
I simply cooked up the brown rice until tender, sauteed the veg in a large fry-pan over medium heat with a little olive oil, onion and garlic, added the rice and kale to the mix for the last few mins, fried up an egg in a touch more olive oil and voila!
Taste sensation!
Filling, healthy and delicious (triple threat?)
This guy didn't last too long!!
Exhibit B, is the ultimate veggie sandwich taken to a whole new level (yes, my friends, it got even better)!
I don't know what it is but over time this sandwich has just evolved into perfection on a plate. Let me explain...
When you cook a large portobello mushroom and two slices of eggplant in a non-stick fry-pan until tender and brown...
Then also grill up some capsicum and half-cooked pumpkin slices (I microwave mine for a few minutes) and pile it on top of that beautiful seedy wholegrain cape seed roll...
With a generous spreading of hommus, followed by spinach, pumpkin, eggplant, mushroom, salsa/ tomato slices, other eggplant and rest of pumpkin then capsicum...
And then you heat it up and brown the outsides in a sandwich press...
You get what can only be described by one word. YUM.
 Opened up:
 Aaaand devoured: (messily, I might add :P)

 Finally, a make-ahead marvel!

This container of goodness was some wholemeal cous cous, mixed with 4-beans, grilled capsicum and mushrooms and some kale pesto!!

And yes, it tasted as good as it looks!
Another easy, prepare in advance meal that ticks all the boxes!!

So that's been life on the lunch front lately!

What about you?
Are you a fan of lunch? I think it's the meal of the day where I am most hungry!
Favourite lunch of all time?
Your typical primary school lunch that you brought to school on the daily? Hello squashed Vegemite sandwiches (I squashed them by the way!)

I hope you all have a great rest of your day, eat something delicious as always and tell someone you love them! Bye for now!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...