Friday 21 February 2014

COCONUT





I've been known to have nut butter and coconut butter feature in many of my breakfasts:






 (You can find all these recipes on my recipe page)
So, we all know that nut butter is good- in small amounts- full of healthy fats etc.
What about coconut butter? There's been a lot of hype over coconut- especially coconut oil lately, for its high saturated fat content. Even in this months Healthy Food Guide magazine, coconut oil was thrown into the spotlight.
I decided to do a bit of research on coconut butter, to see what's what.. this is what I found- on almost every site I looked on... some great sites include: this one and this one.
  • It boosts metabolism- aids in weight loss and increases energy
  • full of essential amino acids, calcium and magnesium
  • full of healthy fats that keep you feeling fuller for longer
  • Healthy skin
So from what I can see, it's pretty good. As Healthy Food Guide mentioned- more research is probably needed, but for now, if you are enjoying the absolutely decadent, delicious, deadly addicting-ness of coconut butter... I'm sure it'd be fine if you continued to do so! I know I will.

The advice I can give you (seeing as I'm not actually a registered dietitian or anything like that) is MODERATION. That's the key with anything, so ENJOY  a small amount- and trust me, you will :)

P.S. if you are sticking with me on the coconut butter front- check this website out now!

25 Ways to use Coconut Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...