Saturday 22 February 2014

Mmmm Doughnuts


I seem to be on a bit of a posting my breakfasts kick lately (see; here, here and here) so I've decided...
To give you another awesome breakfast!
:)
Before you say anything, let me paint you a picture. Warm gooey chocolatey banana bread-y... DONUTS! Does it get any better?
Take a look for yourself:



Even better (although there is no way you can tell!) they are wheat free, dairy free, added sugar free, vegan, chocolate banana bread donuts! But that's a bit of a mouthful... so we'll stick with:
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD DONUTS!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup oat flour (rolled oats chopped up in processor)
2 tablespoons oat bran
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon raw cacoa
chia gel (1 tablespoon chia seeds, mixed with 1/4 cup milk of choice- sit for 5 mins, whiz in processor)
1 banana
optional- LSA mix
milk- about 1/4 cup (I used oat milk)

Method:
1. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Place banana in a small food processor and pulse lightly to create chunks, alternatively- lightly
mash)

3. Add banana and chia gel to dry mix
4. Lightly stir to combine, then add enough milk to form a pancake consistency:
5. Preheat a doughnut maker (Or create pancakes in a fry pan- it is pancake Sunday after all!) and grease lightly with oil.
6. Place mix in (or on fry pan- turn after about 2 mins) and cook until firm-ish (it will be gooey-yay bananas!) then transfer to cooling rack.
7. Top with whatever you like. I went with coconut butter. Delicious. I think it would also be great with butter (vegan butter alternatives to keep it vegan!)
8. Enjoy!
If you want to be just like me, enjoy with a glass of soy milk and a side of grapes and hey- what's that?
Any guesses? Well, I didn't know either, but I can tell you it's called a kiwi-berry and looks like a mini kiwifruit, but tastes better (sweeter) and you can eat the skin (IT ISN'T FURRY!)
 Anyway...
I'm sure you saw this coming:
Now I leave you with some more donut pics- coz I took a few...
 
Hmm, this doesn't look right...
Yep, much more realistic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...