Wednesday 5 February 2014

Lightened up pasta!


So while being back at school, meals have been a lot less technical and time consuming as they were on the holidays. I mean I don't have enough time to whip up this for a school lunch!

Dinner is a different story, but sometimes I still don't have the energy to think too hard! When I came home yesterday I simply threw some tomatoes and capsicum into the oven to slow roast and I would think of something to do with them later....

Steph's Lightened Up Pasta!

Ingredients:
1 medium tomato
5 cherry tomatoes
4 cm strip capsicum
66g (1 cup) dried pasta of choice
greens (1 cup- asparagus, broccoli, beans, peas, broad beans... cut them up small- you won't even notice them!)
Spinach
garlic+ herbs (to taste. I used basil)
Optional- protein of choice ( I used tofu)

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, place tomatoes and capsicum on a tray and roast until slightly blackened ( 30 mins)
2. Cool slightly, then process for a few pulses with garlic and herbs, until chunky sauce consistency:
3. Cook pasta as to directions (mine was 8 mins in boiling water) I used this pasta:
4. Blanch greens in boiling water for a couple of minutes (until bright green) drain.
5. Once the pasta is done, drain, then return to pot. Stir in greens, tofu, spinach and pasta sauce and heat slightly on a low heat for a couple of minutes.
6. Enjoy your veggie-filled pasta!
Have a veggielicious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...