Friday 13 March 2015

Why Hello There Saturday!

Do you ever have those days where you just feel accomplished?
Where it's not even 10:00am and you've already done so much?
Do you like those days?

Ok, ok I'll stop harassing you with questions.. for now :)
Any-who back to the point (if there ever really was one)!
Standing here, at the computer (have I mentioned how much I hate sitting? That's a topic for another day I think!)  I have already run 20km (I am so pumped about this- longest distance- and time- so far!!-) done my grocery shopping for the week (mum and I literally have different shopping carts when we grocery shop) packed all the groceries away, frozen a big bunch of bananas and written an entire paragraph for the blog (see paragraph above) and it's only 10:37am and 45 seconds.
BOOM!

Saturday- bring it on!

I thought today I might reveal what a typical Friday night/ Saturday morning looks like for me... coz you know, someone might be interested! ;)

So back to my run. I've been slowly increasing my distance from 30 minutes (around 3 months ago) to now- 2 hours! And I am so surprised at the capabilities of my body. If the past few months have shown me anything, it's how strong my body really is!
It has also shown me that running distances like these results in a hunger I have never before experienced. Not complaining though- just wolfing down food like there's no tomorrow!

Like my post-run brekky (pre-run usually features 2 pitted dates)
That, my friends is a big creamy green smoothie (kale and spinach!!) with some greek yoghurt added in and some oat bran in a jar. Heather would be proud!
Of course in my 'crazed, hungry, can't think I've just run the farthest distance I've ever run!' state I added waaaay too much oat milk and water to my oat bran, vanilla protein powder and half a banana (other half went in the smoothie) and so it was a bit on the liquidy side, but still super tasty!
In an almost-empty jar of smooth peanut butter... mmmmm.
And what is more refreshing than a huge green smoothie full of the two best fruits (apart from grapes and water melon)? Nothing.
1 small chopped frozen mango + 1/2 chopped banana + 1 big handful spinach + 1 big handful of kale + 3 big scoops greek yoghurt+ 1/4 cup water- whazzed!
The hunger was repressed once more and the normal(ish) Steph returned)
I also didn't mention that those long distance runs also result in my downing around about 1 liter of water (and coconut water) afterwards. Good times.

Ofcourse I always (read: sometimes) plan ahead the night before to make sure my dinners are filled with carb-y goodness so I'm fueled for the ridiculously long distances I make my legs gallop and last night I simply had no other choice than to make pizza.
Pumpkin base pizza! ;)
Topped with all the veggies:
Mushrooms, brown onion, semi-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, red and yellow capsicum, zucchini and eggplant.
Spread with 100% tomato paste, the veggies and some vegan cheese:
And some more vegan cheese...
Baked in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 25 mins (until crust is hard and brown)
I simply cannot profess my love for veggie pizza enough. It is too good. Definitely something I love more than I should!
The pizza must have worked its magic because I managed the run without collapsing halfway through which only tells me that I need to eat pizza every night before a run. Yep, it only makes sense. Scientifically.
:)
And because I'm a hungry monster I also had a handful of raw nuts after this amazing pumpkin base veggie-filled pizza. :D

After dinner it's rest time, bit of tv watching, bit of day dreaming, bit of... nothing (definitely one of my favourite times of the day) and then an early night- around 8:15pm-8:30pm because I'm super sleepy anyway and come Saturday morning I was out pounding the pavement at 5:15am... so sleep is good!

And that's a little look into my Friday nights/ Saturday mornings- I'm quite the party-kid hey?

What about you?
Do you exercise on Saturday? I know some people refuse to. Weekends = rest for them. For me, weekends= extra time!!
Typical long run refuel?
Do you eat lots of carbs the night before a big workout?

That's it for today folks! I hope you have a restful/ super awesome weekend, accomplish everything you need to... and of course eat some good food while you're at it! Bye! :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoy running so much. Just be careful not to overdo it. I started out much like you my senior year in high school then ended up overdoing it...running two hour stretches etc and now I cannot run because of injuries. Just pace yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    Thank you so much for your comment! I have started noticing that running is starting to become an obsession and I guess it takes someone else to tell you so you can see it a bit clearer. I definitely will pace myself as I love the sport so much and do not, i repeat do not, want to over do it! Thanks again!
    Steph 2 chefxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...