Tuesday 7 July 2015

WIAW #64 Tasty, tasty meals :)

Hidy-ho folks and the happiest Wednesday to you all!

List of things making me happy right now:
1. Holidays (break from schooool)
2. Pencils (finally got time to draw again!)
3. Buzzfeed (because those videos are HILARIOUS)
4. Friends (because friends keep me sane)
5. And finally....

FOOD!

I mean you had to see that one coming.

So, on the topic of food, on the day named Wednesday, how about a look into a full day of eats WIAW style? Yes! Thanks as always to the wonderful Peas and Crayons for this awesome weekly link-up! Now- FOOOOOD!

Breakfast: 7:30am
After a sweaty sesh of Purely Twins workouts nice and early (I love getting my blood pumping first thing in the morning) my body required some fuel for the day:
Enter my favourite breakfast sandwich! A peanut butter and banana toasted sandwich on my home-made seedy spelt bread.
With a side of refreshing raspberry fro-yo (handful frozen raspberries + 3 scoops greek yoghurt, whazzed in mini food processor until smooth and creamy) that was placed in the freezer for around 20 mins to harden slightly.
This will never get old. Ever.
Lunch: 12:00pm
I was meeting a friend up at the shops to see the movie Inside Out at 12:30pm, so threw together a quick (yet delicious) lunch:
A tasty salad with spinach, tomato, carrot, avocado, lemon juice and topped with the best veggie sausages.
So much yum.

Snack: 4:00pm 
After the movie (which was AWESOME by the way!) and a little shopping (I may or may not have bought some sport leggins. Just to wear as casual clothes. Because jeans suck. Hey they were on sale!) I made it home around 4-ish and was ready for a little snack:
A fuji apple with a mug of soy milk. Yum!

Dinner: 6:45pm
I got an idea from Amanda (Running with Spoons) to add some coconut to my grains (I can't remember if she used coconut butter/oil/milk but anyway- I wanted coco nutty rice!)

So I boiled up some brown rice, steamed some pumpkin, parsnip, potato, sweet potato and brussels sprouts, threw in some peas, corn and mixed four beans and tossed it all in a heated pan with about a tablespoon of coconut oil to crisp up and brown everything!
Let sizzle for a few mins:
Et voila!
This was sooo tasty guys! The coconut oil added so much flavour and substance and took every single ingredient in that bowl to the next level!
I definitely recommend giving this one a go if your looking for a great taste sensation!
After dinner I just wanted a little something to round out the day, so I heated up a mug of almond milk with cinnamon and sipped on that creamy delight before I was done for the day!

And that's what I ate Wednesday Tuesday!

What about you?
What are some things currently making you happy?
Do you also have an awesome breakfast sandwich creation?
Favourite use for coconut oil?

Hungry for more? Head on over to Peas and Crayons to see what everyone else has been nom-ing on (a great place for food inspiration!!) Have a fabulous day everyone! Bye!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...