Wednesday 22 July 2015

WIAW #66 All the YUM'S!

Hi there friends! How's your week travelling so far?
I feel like starting back at school after a very relaxing and chilling 2 weeks holiday, in contrast to the hustle and bustle and work-load that is senior school, is just a very bad way to start a week! With already 2 tests and an assignment scheduled for the week to come, that familiar feeling of not having a life is slowly starting to slip back in. I still make time for things like this blog because it gives my mind a break from random maths equations and large human biological words and becomes my happy place away from everything!

And happily it is already mid-week... in other words Wednesday... in other words, time for another glance at a day of eats! WIAW style!
As always- thanks to Peas and Crayons for this awesome link-up and everyone who links up with their eats that offer so much foodie inspiration and drool-worthy meals!

Now onto the EATS!!

Breakfast: 8:00am
This is taken from my last day of holidays which was fairly typical, ending with a shift at work and filled with lots of delicious foods.

Breakfast featured this cherry smoothie bowl that you may remember from this post (recipe included) Filled with extra veggies, fruits and whole grains; it really is a great way to start the day!



Lunch: 12:30pm
The smoothie bowl kept me quite full for a good few hours, but around 12-ish I did end up getting a bit hungry.

Enter big rice and veggie bowl:
Sauteed veg (capsicum, cherry tomatoes, eggplant and mushrooms) with cooked brown rice, garlic tofu, fresh spinach and some steamed peas and corn
Finished with a few dollops of hommus:

Super tasty!


Snack: 4:00pm
I spent the afternoon watching some netflix (it was my last day of being able to do nothing and not feel guilty about it!), reading, drawing and getting all my stuff organised for school the next day (as well as cooking my dinner for that night and lunch for tomorrow) and soon my belly was grumbling!
The usual- fruit and soy milk! Today's fruit of choice was a delightfully crisp and sweet pink lady apple.
Dinner: 7:30pm
After work I pulled my already prepared dinner out of the fridge and also heated up a small tin of reduced-salt baked beans in the microwave for 50 seconds.
Baked beans with cold roasted veg (THE BEST!)
The veggies included pumpkin, broccoli, potato and brussels sprouts, drizzled with olive oil and roasted until soft and tender and golden brown.
Eaten cold because that's how it should be done!

After dinner I had a handful of unsalted walnuts and cashews and then called it a day!

And that's what I ate!

How about you?
What's your go-to breakfast that tastes great and fits the bill nutritionally?
Are you a fan of plain brown rice? I absolutely love the flavour, but I know others who think it's way too bland.
Favourite roast veggie to eat cold?

Hungry for more? Head on over to Peas and Crayons to see what everyone else has been eating lately. Until next time, have a fabulous day, enjoy yourself- enjoy the little things you take for granted and as always- eat something delicious!! Bye for now friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...