Monday 21 April 2014

A recipe from you, A recipe from me!

Well, not really a recipe from you, but a recipe I tried, that I didn't make up!
For lunch yesterday, I wanted a wrap.
But we only had wheat wraps.
I didn't want a wheat wrap.
I had a tantrum.
The end.
JUST KIDDING! What I did do was notice this recent recipe from Oh she glows and immediately knew I had to make it!
Here's my version of Oh she glow's 5 ingredient spelt flatbread
Mine only had 4 ;)
I simply halved her recipe, omitted the salt and used regular olive oil.
Topped with mashed pumpkin mixed with hommus, spinach, carrot, tomato, capsicum, 2 grilled chickpea veggie sausages and some salsa:
She does mention it in her recipe, but I just want to reinforce not to over cook the flatbreads because they will rip! Seriously 30 seconds one side, 10-15 the other side- DONE!
Mine were pretty good though and made a delicious wrap:
And now for my recipe to you.
I've already posted a banana bread muffin in a mug, but this one is slightly better, so... yeh!
Banana bread microwave muffin:
Ingredients:
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, mixed with 1 tablespoon milk ( I used oat milk)
1 mashed banana
40g rolled oats
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 cup fruit and nut muesli
1 teaspoon nutbutter
1/4 cup milk (I used oat milk)

Method:
1. Grease a large mug
2. Place rolled oats in a small food processor and process until you get a fine oat flour:

3. Place the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, coconut flour and muesli in a bowl and stir to combine:
4. Melt the nut butter slightly in the microwave, then add to dry ingredients with milk, banana and chia gel. Stir to combine:
5. Place in your greased mug and cook in the microwave for 1:30 mins, check with skewer, then place in again for 30 second bursts until cooked through (clean skewer)
6. Place on wire rack:
7. Get cool steam shot:
8. This step is optional- but so worth it! Cut in half, place bottom half in mug, top with any filling you like- I used coconut butter! and place on the top and top with something else- I used peanut butter :)
There you have it! Delicious!
 OM NOM NOM!

Have a great day everyone!
:D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...