I woke up today and wanted jam. I don't know why.. I've never really liked jam or honey or anything like that- Vegemite all the way people! But as I grow and change, so do my taste buds (who'd a thunk I'd like olives now?)
So, I opened the fridge and... hurrah! We had jam! Look at the sugar content- and almost fell over! So I decided to make my own :)
I know you have to add sugar to jam for the flavour and all, because berries are extremely tart, but my recipe has no added sugar and tastes even better than bought jam! How did I do it?!?
Steph's super simple jam recipe!
1. Get a cup if mixed frozen berries, microwave on high for 1:30 mins.
2. Place half a chopped banana into a small food processor:
Yes, I know, I know, pretty technical stuff- 2 ingredients, whazzed together!
It's super-duper yummy though!
So what did I do with my delicious jam? Well it was breakfast time and I was pretty hungry... but somehow I managed to stop myself from sculling the entirety of my jam (a few spoonfuls is fine!) instead, I decided to make pumpkin jam cookie bar things :)
Wheat free, dairy free, sugar free, soy free, nut free...
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
65g wholemeal spelt flour
15g rolled oats
10g coconut flour
10g oat bran
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
optional- LSA mix
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Chop pumpkin and steam/ boil until soft (15 mins)
3. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine
4. Add pumpkin to dry mix:
6. Take a small bit of dough and flatten onto a tray lined with baking paper- raising the edges slightly:
7. Spoon on some of the jam and top with a bit more dough, until you've used up all the dough:
9. Top with whatever you like (I chose coconut butter) and enjoy!
I placed the remaining banana in as well.
I think we need some close-ups:
Hehe! I hope you all have a fabulous day and maybe enjoy some all-natural jam!