Friday 25 April 2014

Breakfast, lunch, dinner and the rest of life!

Hello, hello!
So... it's the weekend! YAY! Well, if you're living in Australia, you've just had one of the shortest weeks anyway! Easter long weekend followed by ANZAC day on Friday! (I'm also on holidays, so every day's a weekend!) But for those of you who had your average 5-day-week, HAPPY WEEKEND!
I was looking through my pictures and noticed I took a pic of breakfast. And lunch. AND dinner! So you lucky folks get another day in the life of my over-spoilt tummy! (You also get some links to some interesting things floating round the blog-o-sphere!
Breakfast!
Breakfast was yummy, it was really two separate breakfasts, but they were both really yummy!
I had some frozen apples, so I wanted to make an apple-y cinnamon-y green smoothie! I also really wanted some of my home-made chocolate granola. I never let my tummy down!
Into the smoothie went 1 chopped frozen banana, 1 chopped frozen apple, 1 teaspoon nut butter, 1 handful of spinach and some oat milk (maybe 1/2 a cup?)

My granola was muesli mixed with a chocolate mixture- which was 1/4 cup of oat milk + 1 teaspoon coconut butter + 1 teaspoon raw cacao, heated in the microwave for 30 seconds- stir! Once mixed through muesli, place on baking tray and bake at 180 degrees celsius for around 10 mins until slightly crispy. EAT! I put mine in my mug with a little soy milk :)
 So, I did end up combining them... it just kinda always happens:)

This week, my list of things I want to make has grown considerably, as everyone has some really good recipes floating around- especially at Spoons!
I want to make her oatmeal cookie dough breakfast bake  and her soft and chewy chocolate chip skillet cookie!
Over at (never) homemaker  I really want to have a go at my take on the Garbanzo garlic knots :)
And you have no idea how many of Kath's oatmeal recipes I have sitting in my brain ready to be created!
But I think we'll get back to my stomach.. it's lunch time!
I was craving fresh. I was craving crisp, yummy veggies, I wanted rolls!
I LOVE RICE PAPER ROLLS! :)
Inside was strips of capsicum, grated carrot, chopped tomato, peas, strips of cucumber, sauteed mushrooms and strips of egg ( I simply whisked an egg and poured it on a plate and microwaved until set ( no oil that way!) and some chopped garlic tofu, all wrapped up in rice paper rolls, soaked in water for a few seconds and left to get sticky and wrappable!
While drooling over so many yummy recipes (mentioned above) I also came across some really eye opening posts, such as this one over at The Diva Dish.
I also really liked this one at The Big Man's World- I pretty much agree whole-heartedly!
Good reads people :)
Finally, we come to dinner, where if you have any anger or frustration built up during the day, bake a whole sweet potato, but first get a fork and jab the life out of it! :)
Then cook in a preheated oven (180 degrees clesius) for about 45mins-1 hour and please for your sake, top with coconut butter- you will not be disappointed (hommus is also accepted if you do not have coconut butter on hand!)

You should also serve it with some salsa beans and lentils- coz they're yummy (drain and rinse a small can of four beans and 2 tablespoons of lentils, heat a little in the microwave and stir in some salsa)
Lastly on my list of links.. even if you don't get around to making any of the recipes suggested above- YOU. HAVE. TO. MAKE THIS!  It's one of those things that make you ask (or throw a tantrum) 'Why didn't I think of that?'
Well there you go! Have a fantabulous weekend and enjoy some good food with family and friends!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...