Saturday 12 April 2014

Sunday Pancakes!

Yay! I love Sundays!!! I love Pancakes!!! Put em' together and you get a whole lotta love!!!
So today, I thought I'd bring my pancake creations back to basics, as all I wanted was a delicious, fluffy vanilla pancake :)
I also wanted a smoothie- just like last week.
I went with a pink grapefruit smoothie and 3 delicious vanilla pancakes:
Vanilla pancakes ingredients:
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 1 tablespoon milk- leave to sit 5 mins
45g wholemeal spelt flour
30g rolled oats
15g oat bran
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (depends how strong a flavour you want)
optional- LSA mix
1 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)

Method:
1. Create chia gel:
 sit for 5 mins until gel-like
2. Place dry ingredients in bowl and combine

3. Add chia gel, milk and vanilla bean paste to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth:
4. Let sit for a few mins to thicken- meanwhile create smoothie:
Ingredients:
80g frozen pineapple
75g frozen grapefruit
110g frozen watermelon
40g frozen mango chunks
About 1/2 cup milk (depends how thick you want it)

Method:
1. Place everything in a blender:
And blend until smooth! (don't add any of that tomato sauce you see next to it :)
Place in the freezer while you make the pancakes.
Back to pancake method:
5. Heat up a large fry pan on medium heat and add some oil.
6. Spoon on the pancake mixture (3 medium ones, lots of little ones, one big one... whatever you want)
7. Flip after bubbles start to appear (2-3 mins)
 8. Cook on the other side or another 2-3 mins and flip again to brown first side.
9. Top with whatever you want- maple syrup, butter, berries, banana, yogurt, Nutella etc. I topped mine with a drizzle of nut butter and coconut butter :)
10. Remove smoothie from freezer- top with anything, or nothing and now go and eat both!

These pancakes are really yumm- I truly believe that sometimes simple is the best and tastiest thing after all!
This is a really great vegan pancake recipe too as it holds together really well- and tastes just like regular pancakes :) Super fluffy too!

The smoothie is super yummy too! If your not a fan of grapefruit, you probably won't like it as the flavours quite strong, but I love the bitterness of it. If that sounds like you, just replace it with a frozen banana. Then top with cheerios :D
Spoon shot:
Another breakfast I have eaten recently was this:

Nut butter on wheat free bread with a yogurt, muesli, berry parfait.
Wait a second- you don't eat dairy Steph!
That's yogurt!!!
Yes, yes it is- vegan yogurt! I was really excited when I saw this in the shops- coconut milk and almond yogurt!!
Unfortunately like every other vegan yogurt I've tried, it was way too sweet, tasted artificial and a little funky :( But I still ate it, I was HUNGRY!
The pictures turned out great too:
I mean, how cool does this photo look- come on!
At least my parfait looked delicious?
The spoon shot looked good too:
Lastly- a question... does anyone else eat all the crusts off toast first so they're left with the middle filled with tons of topping:
Cuz I do ;)
Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...