Yay! I love Sundays!!! I love Pancakes!!! Put em' together and you get a whole lotta love!!!
So today, I thought I'd bring my pancake creations back to basics, as all I wanted was a delicious, fluffy vanilla pancake :)
I also wanted a smoothie- just like last week.
I went with a pink grapefruit smoothie and 3 delicious vanilla pancakes:
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 1 tablespoon milk- leave to sit 5 mins
45g wholemeal spelt flour
30g rolled oats
15g oat bran
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (depends how strong a flavour you want)
optional- LSA mix
1 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)
1. Create chia gel:
2. Place dry ingredients in bowl and combine
3. Add chia gel, milk and vanilla bean paste to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth:
80g frozen pineapple
75g frozen grapefruit
110g frozen watermelon
40g frozen mango chunks
About 1/2 cup milk (depends how thick you want it)
1. Place everything in a blender:
Place in the freezer while you make the pancakes.
Back to pancake method:
5. Heat up a large fry pan on medium heat and add some oil.
6. Spoon on the pancake mixture (3 medium ones, lots of little ones, one big one... whatever you want)
7. Flip after bubbles start to appear (2-3 mins)
10. Remove smoothie from freezer- top with anything, or nothing and now go and eat both!
The smoothie is super yummy too! If your not a fan of grapefruit, you probably won't like it as the flavours quite strong, but I love the bitterness of it. If that sounds like you, just replace it with a frozen banana. Then top with cheerios :D
Nut butter on wheat free bread with a yogurt, muesli, berry parfait.
Wait a second- you don't eat dairy Steph!
Unfortunately like every other vegan yogurt I've tried, it was way too sweet, tasted artificial and a little funky :( But I still ate it, I was HUNGRY!
The pictures turned out great too:
Have a great Sunday!