Wednesday 16 September 2015

WIAW #74 Food appreciation :)

Hey there awesome ones!
Yep, that's you guys, the awesome ones!!
Now, awesome people, as it is Wednesday, it is share-a-full-day-of-eats day! Or WIAW for those who like shorter, snappier titles ;)

This day is taken from Monday, where I was super pumped and energised to take on the week as it is my last week here in Aus before I fly out to AFRICA for my school trip to Tanzania! Talk about terrifying!!

Anywho, I knew this week was going to be a big one (tests, assignments, work I'm going to miss etc. etc. etc.) So, my eats had to be stellar to keep me going right? Right!

Onto breakfast!


Breakfast: 7:15am
I was up bright and early Monday, because I really wanted to squeeze in a fun yoga practice (Fightmaster yoga!) and it was brilliant- a nice hip opener that left me feeling energised and super flexible for the rest of the day.
 Then I realised I was starving and proceeded into the kitchen for a super big, choc-full-of-stuff green smoothie!
 In the mix was frozen banana + frozen avocado + frozen zucchini+ spinach + kale + soaked oats with chia seeds + greek yoghurt + almond butter + vanilla protein powder + THE SECRET INGREDIENT THAT MADE THIS SMOOTHIE AMAZING- fresh mint leaves! Seriously the freshness and taste was mind boggling!
 This smoothie was also utterly amazing for a whole different reason, but you will have to wait until tomorrow to find out why (guesses are allowed ;)
 And this is a picture of half my smoothie because I'm weird like that. Actually I was kind of intrigued by the way it didn't stick to the glass and sort of remained in one big smoothie clump. :)

Snack: 11:00am
I hate being repeptitive, you know that. But I am, so...
Peas and corn. :)

 Lunch: 1:15pm
Lunch conveniently packed the night before was a big ol' salad filled with all the veg with a super tasty lemon tahini dressing that tied it all together!

 Spinach, carrot, cucumber, celery, capsicum, beetroot, tomato and red kidney beans mixed with 1 teaspoon of tahini mixed up with 2 teaspoons lemon juice:
 It was delicious!

Snack: 4:00pm
After the enormity that was Monday I realised just how much school work I had ahead of me, so to power me through an afternoon starting and completing- yes, I know- a literature assignment I knew I needed sustenance to power through!

 An absolutely perfect pear with crisp, crunchy green grapes and a side mug of soy milk!
 This pear was awesome.
 It was one of those red/ green ones, which I find crunchier and sweeter and so good!

Dinner: 6:45pm
Dinner was the part of the day when I appear to have given up and in all honesty, I kind of had- food creation wise:

 That my friends is a delicious and extremely simple bowl of roast veg, brown rice and lentils.
 It was even a brown rice microwave cup. Yup.
 The veggies were pumpkin, parsnip, swede and potato and taken to a whole new level because they were roasted to golden-brown perfection (and also needed little attention other than chopping, drizzling with oil and popping in an oven).
 This was exactly what I needed.
 Then I needed a little something after, coz I said so. Some brazil nuts and cashews followed. Nom.

And that's what I ate Wednesday Monday! Hungry for more? Check out what everyone else is eating lately at Peas and Crayons!

Tell me:
Have you/ do you ever add fresh mint to your smoothies?
Have you ever had a red/ green pear?
Favourite lazy bowl dinner?

That's it for me friendly friends, but make sure you're back here tomorrow for an- no the- ultimate announcement! Bye for now friends!! :D


4 comments:

  1. It's official. Pear season has begun.

    Happy WIAW and thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meghan McCarthy,
      Whoop whoop!
      Steph 2 chefxx ;)

      Delete
  2. Do you have any tips for freezing avocados? I've never tried that but I feel like that would be the perfect way to save them before they go bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz
      All I simply do is chop them up and pop em in a ziplock bag! I've never tried them defrosted, I've only ever used them in frozen treats though, so I don't know if they'd be good defrosted? But definitely a convenient way to save the dying ones!
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...