Friday 30 May 2014

Celebration- Oatmeal style!

So, you know how in yesterday's post, I was complaining about not celebrating my 100th post?
Well... for dinner I was feeling the celebration vibe and went with my one-and-only celebratory food....
PIZZA!
 The base came from this recipe and the toppings included 100% tomato paste mixed with oregano and basil, steamed veggies, (sweet potato, parsnip and beetroot) sliced mushrooms, some mixed antipasto sprinkling of nutritional yeast and PESTO!
DEEE-LISH!
 I really like my pizza bases thick and soft and oh-so-yummy and I reckon adding the pumpkin gives it more moisture, so it's less dry- even though I know a lot of people like thin and crispy bases, I just never have!
Pesto is also another must I must have on a pizza or else I don't feel right- as well as a tomato component :)
P.S. You can't simply have  just one slice of this pizza- it won't let you ;)
 Now onto the celebration cake....
Well I went with the chocolate version.
Sort of.
It was breakfast. I wanted oats. Chocolate oatmeal cake!
With a banana coconut glaze:) Yum.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup of rolled oats
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1-2 tablespoons raw cacoa
optional- sprinkle of cocoa nibs
dash of cinnamon
1/2 banana
1 1/4 cups milk of choice ( I used oat milk)

Glaze:
1 tablespoon coconut butter
Other half of banana
2 tablespoons milk of choice

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Place a small sheet of baking paper in a mini loaf pan
2. Place oats, chia seeds, raw cacoa, cocoa nibs and cinnamon in a medium saucepan- stir to combine:
3. Thinly slice 1/2 banana, add to oats:
4. Stir in milk
5. Place on a medium heat and leave to thicken- once it starts bubbling stir constantly until oats have absorbed liquid. Spoon into mini loaf pan:
6. Bake in oven for 20 mins or until not overly gooey in centre. Meanwhile make your glaze; Place the coconut butter and milk in a small bowl and microwave for 25-30 seconds until the coconut butter is melted- stir to combine. Place 1/2 banana (chopped in a small food processor, pour in coconut mixture and whaz until nice and smooth- then whaz some more!
7. Remove oatmeal from oven and turn out onto plate:
8. Drizzle over glaze... enjoy!
I enjoyed my celebration 'cake' with some mixed raw nuts and dried fruit :)
Warm, chocolatey, gooey- delicious (It's also vegan, sugar and wheat free by the way)
Yum, yum..
OM NOM NOM
Now, lets not pretend any more guys- you know what I really did after the photoshoot with my leftover glaze..
PLOP :)
Fork shot!
Yeh... it was pretty good
Happy 100th!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...