I've had pesto on my mind ever since (seriously if I had to choose one sauce/ spread for the rest of my life.. I still couldn't- I love peanut butter too much... but if I could choose two, it would definitely be pesto and peanut butter :) so when I was doing my weekly grocery shop, into the trolley went another bunch of basil leaves!
This time? PIZZA!
Parsnip wholemeal spelt base pizza with pesto, vegan cheese and lots-a-veggies!
60g parsnip- peeled and chopped
80g wholemeal spelt flour (I actually used a wholemeal spelt flour bread mix- any flour should work though)
dried oregano (to your liking)
1/3 cup lukewarm water
1 teaspoon dried yeast
My pizza had:
Steamed veggies (pumpkin, sweet potato and beetroot)
no-added-salt tomato paste
some antipasto mix (olives, semi dried tomatoes and artichokes)
1 tablespoon hommus,
1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon water
What to do- mix together, then drizzle over pizza
1 handful of basil leaves
1 handful of spinach
1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
a small handful of pine nuts
a sprinkle of nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon+ of olive oil
What to do- place in a small food processor and process until smooth (a couple of minutes)
1. Steam the parsnip for 30 minutes or until very soft
2. Mix the dried yeast with the luke warm water and leave to sit for 5 mins:
7. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius. Make your pesto and vegan cheese (recipes above), chop and steam veggies(pumpkin, sweet potato and beetroot) for around 20 mins
9. Spoon on some tomato paste, and spinach:
11. Place in the oven to cook for 20-30 mins, until base is crispy and cheese has gone nice and golden :)
I like my pizzas with loads of topping and a bit doughy (I know lots of people like simple crispy based pizzas.. I don't get it!) so if you're like me- this is the pizza for you!
All my favourite foods seem to start with 'P'- Pesto, Peanut butter, Pasta, Pizza, Bananas( It's pretty much a combination of a normal p with an upside down p!)
Have a good Sunday everyone!