Friday 16 May 2014

FOOD!-GLORIOUS-FOOD!

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before (like a bajillion times!) but... I'm gonna say it again- I.LOVE.FOOD!
I love cooking food, I love eating food, I love coming up with new crazy ideas on how to create the food I love eating.
Only problem is- time! Time seems to have a way of flying by when you have school 5 days a week, play an instrument- about to start learning another one, do jazz and contemporary, are on the cross country team, have to coordinate a mural project for school, do a peer support program with the new year 7's, work through the Duke of Edinborough award (google it- it's a great program) and also keep up to date with homework/assignments/tests- where does cooking come into all that?
I will admit it's hard!
But planning is important- so is taste! I am not sacrificing taste for anything- so when I'm time short.. I simply resort to quick-to-prepare foods :)

Like the other night's dinner..
2 boiled eggs, some Vegemite on 100% rye toast and a sweet potato and pumpkin mash with mixed beans= Quick, easy, healthy and delicious!

Lunch at school...

Simple salad with raw veggies and some grilled one-minute-polenta mixed with sundried tomatoes.

On early cross country training mornings...
Creamy overnight oats ( muesli+mashed banana+nutbutter+cinnamon+chia seeds+splash of milk, left in fridge overnight)

One last thing... remember my latest WIAW? The fail that it was that ended up a What I Wish I Ate Wednesday ?
Well, today I actually ate what I wished I ate for lunch on Wednesday!
My take on Running with Spoons- Pumpkin chili mexican scramble!
In mine, I used both pumpkin and sweet potato and seasoned it with taco seasoning. I also used 2 whole eggs mixed with hommus:) Yum!

Any-who that's just a glimpse into how I cook/prepare on minimal time! Luckily it's the weekend, which equals time!
And time.. equals COOKIES! Chocolate-chip cookies!
Ingredients:
1 cup muesli
1 banana
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 1 tablespoon milk (I used oat milk)
1 tablespoon nut butter ( I used peanut butter)
optional- 1/2 dried fig chopped

Choc chips:
 1 teaspoon coconut butter
1 teaspoon milk (I used oat milk)
1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
dash of cinnamon

Method:For choc chips
1. Place coconut butter and milk in small bowl and heat for 15-30 seconds, until warmed, stir to combine:
2. Stir in cacoa and cinnamon and drop onto a plate lined with baking paper with a spoon:
3. Place in freezer to set

For the cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, line a tray with baking paper
2.Mash banana in a bowl, add nutbutter and microwave for 15 seconds, stir to combine
3. Place muesli, chia gel, banana mixture, figs and set choc chips (you can roll them into balls) in a bowl and stir to combine- I used my hands :)
4. Roll into 4 balls (or 2 MEGA cookies!) and place on tray:
5. Bake for 10-15 mins, until golden and slightly hard:
6. ENJOY!
I had mine with a smoothie of frozen mango, frozen berries, spinach and oat milk:
Nothing like a plate full of cookies sitting on your lap in the morning!
yum.

It was a sad last bite!
I hope everyone has a fun weekend- enjoy the spare time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...