I'm not actually vegan... this may come as a shock as all of my recipes are vegan.
I'm actually a vegetarian, who doesn't eat dairy, processed/added sugar and avoids wheat occasionally, if you need a label!
So.. where am I going with this? I eat eggs. BUT- I love experimenting with substitutes to eggs, because I want my blog and it's contents to be accessible to as many people with a dietary restriction (or not) as possible!
I've done the impossible!
Not only have I created delicious, fudgy cookies without eggs, but I also created... wait for it.... CREPES! No eggs + No falling apart!
I guess I've been trying to do this for over a year now (sooo many pancake scrambles people) but today was the day when I did it!
VEGAN CREPES: (Don't like crepes? Those cookies I mentioned before will be featuring too!)
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 1 tablespoon milk ( I used oat)
1/2 a cup of wholemeal spelt flour
1 tablespoon coconut flour
milk of choice ( I used oat milk)
3. Add the chia gel, banana and a splash of milk and whisk (It should be pretty hard to whisk)
4. Keep adding milk until you get a pouring cream consistency (I added quite a bit 1 cup+)
*Now remember the golden rule in pancake/crepe making- the first one is always a dud, don't be disheartened if it doesn't work first try... mine didn't!)
This was my second attempt:
8. Continue with 3 more crepes (or however many you get from your mixture)..
1 cup of muesli plus 2 tablespoons
1 dried fig chopped
1 tablespoon nut butter
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 1 tablespoon milk of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Chop banana and mash with a fork, then microwave with nut butter for 20 seconds, stir to combine:
But really, the star of the show was the crepes:
Have a great Mother's day tomorrow!