Saturday 23 August 2014

Weekend noms

Waking up at 6:30 (late for me) having a lie in with the i pad and my favourite blogs, sipping a warm glass of lemon juice, then completing a purely twins workout, writing this blog post with the sound of my strawberry vanilla steel cut oats (picture to come later) bubbling away- it's definitely my favourite day of the week- Sunday :)

I love Saturday too and yesterday was no different- food was the main focus, followed by blog organization (drafting posts for this week etc.) followed by all my homework... priorities right? Well, I got it all done any way, so I don't see why the order in which I do them should matter.

I also had plenty of time to cook brekky- so I went with a bake!
Blueberry oatmeal bake:
The funny stuff on top is just chunks of cold cashew butter :) It melted soon after.
Super simple to make and super tasty.
 That's 1/2 cup of rolled oats with 1 cup of milk (I used oat milk), a sprinkle of chia seeds plus a handful of blueberries. Cooked on stove until ready (about 5+ mins) and then poured into a mini loaf tin:
Push down and place in oven (180 degrees celsius) for about 15 mins, or until dry to touch on top and slightly golden. In the meantime, why not make a smoothie?
 My favourite green smoothie.
Once your bakes done, turn it out onto a plate, top with whateveer you like and enjoy! (Maybe wait a few mins to let it cool :)


After fueling up with this great brekky, it was time for some grocery shopping (lot's of great produce at the shops!) and some organisation of older stuff/ new stuff that would task me a while to eat, to be frozen:
 Bananas, wholemeal rolls, corn, cauliflower and veggie burgers.
I left one roll and a veggie burger out for my lunch:
Where I toasted my roll with a burger, beautfully ripe tomato slices and hommus, with a side salad of spinach, corn, beetroot, carrot and baby cucumber with a squeeze of lemon juice... yum!
I had a bit lot of pumpkin leftover from the week, so chopped it up with some leftover parsnip and whipped up a pot of soup :)
Sorry about the pics- it was pretty dark at this time.
All my soup ingredients:
Pumpkin, parsnip, 1/2 a brown onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper an a touch of olive oil.
I placed the onion, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon of garlic, 2 teaspoons of ginger, 1 sprig of rosemary leaves, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 a teaspoon of nutmeg in a medium saucepan and sauteed until the onion was translucent.
Then I added the pumpkin, parsnip and water to just cover: (I also added a few spoonfuls of lentils at this stage)
Brought to the bowl and covered on a low heat for 45-50 mins:

Take off the heat and drain a bit of the water (To your preference- I might have drained a few tablespoons) and whaz up with a stick blender, or pour into a food processor:
Then I stirred in some garlic tofu:
And almost forgot to add a nice bit of cracked pepper to the top- disaster- but I remembered ;)

So that was my Saturday- full of food (I also baked the family a big apple cake with streusel topping and m&m fudge) and now I'm off to enjoy my oats (I've let them cool for a bit- soo hungry!)

See ya later! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...