Friday 10 October 2014

Bowls?

Ok, I have a serious question that I need answered...
Do any of you think food tastes better when it is eaten from a bowl?
I fully believe this and eat the majority of my meals from either a bowl or bowl-like object (cup/mug)
I have no idea why!
I came to this realisation (the fact that I eat most of my food from bowls) when I was scrolling through my meals from the past few days...
Obviously I always eat my oats from bowls/ mugs/ cups:
 Steel cut oats cooked with 1 cup of oat milk + 1 cup water +chia seeds+ lots of cinnamon+ 1 sliced banana, left to sit to cool after ward with a little coconut butter stirred in and then placed in a bowl and topped with more coconut butter:
 Verdict- tasted awesome from a bowl!
 In keeping with the breakfast theme, I seem to also prefer eating my smoothies from bowls, rather than typical glasses too and generally serve them up nice and thick in my pretty purple mug:
There is a smoothie under there I promise! On top is just some nutty granola:
See- there is a smoothie! ;)
Consisting of 1 chopped frozen banana, 1 handful of frozen grapes, 1 big handful of kale, a sprinkle of chia seeds, a couple of scoops of greek yoghurt and a splash of oat milk:
That's my version of cereal and milk:)

A lot of my lunches also feature in some kind of bowl, unquestionably raising the deliciousness of it from good to great :)
A delicious bowl of stir-fried veggies (grated carrot, grated brussels sprouts, broccoli, corn, peas, capsicum, mixed 4-beans, lentils, mushrooms) chucked in a fry pan with garlic and olive oil, with some pre-cooked rice and quinoa mixed in at the end:
Topped off with some salsa and then inhaled :)
Yep, super tasty from a bowl:)

This next meal... I couldn't really serve in anything but a bowl, but I still think it tasted amazing because it was eaten from one:
Yes it was soup- french lentil soup :) I brought it back to life with some peas and corn and spinach :)
I may have also enjoyed it so much because I had a huge hunk of wholemeal spelt bread to go with it (topped with a little hommus:)
My last bowl of deliciousness was last night's dinner:
Rice flour pasta, with steamed veggies, (beetroot, swede, pumpkin, sweet potato) red kidney beans, roasted tomatoes and capsicum all stirred together and topped with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast:
And lovingly eaten by me, because it tasted so gosh darn good- and I'm thanking the bowl :)

What are your thoughts on my theory?
Do you use plates or bowls more?
Can you eat soup without bread? I know I can't!

Bye for now friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...