Wednesday 15 October 2014

WIAW #27- celebratory meals :)

Hey, hey it's Wednesday! No way! Make sure you stay.
Let's move onto the food... What do you say? ;)

This Wednesday I was back at school. Now I'm not saying this is either a bad thing or a good thing... cough... but it does mean that meal planning becomes essential (waking up in the morning and having to create breakfast snack and lunch can seem a bit over whelming otherwise) and salads and other meals that can last a few hours are a must!

So, because I'm not yet ready to say goodbye to the holidays for good yet, this WIAW will feature an entire day of eats from my very last day of holidays... it was a bit of a celebration.

Breakfast:
 
Breakfast started with some delicious banana berry protein ice cream topped with peanut butter granola!
The ice cream is super simple to make. Just whack a chopped frozen banana + a handful of frozen berries + as scoop of vanilla protein powder into a food processor and process until combined (scraping down the sides every so often)
Voila:
The granola was some oats, some chopped raw nuts and a small handful of wholegrain cheerios mixed up with some chia seeds. Then I put a tablespoon of peanut butter in a small bowl with 1/3 cup rice milk, microwaved for 30 seconds, gave it a small stir and then rubbed into the muesli.

Placed on a baking tray and baked at 180 degrees celsius for 15 mins:
Oh yeah!
Then of course it was all mushed up:
This mug of awesome-ness kept me full right up until lunch, where I nibbled gobbled on some cold home made pizza I'd made that morning (I was in a cooking mood, so I baked some bread and then decided to make pizza for lunch because I prefer my pizza cold any way)

Lunch:
The base for my pizza was pretty much this one (my absolute favourite)
Which I then spread with a little vegan cheese.
Next was a bit of spinach and some blobs of pesto (love pesto!)
Followed by some more vegan cheese, some steamed beetroot + sweet potato +parsnip, sliced mushrooms, sliced tomato and some more blobs of pesto and vegan cheese:
Baked in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 20-30 mins, until the base turned golden and hard:
Left to cool, then sliced up and popped in the fridge :)

Snack:
A mandarin, grapes and soy milk:


 This snack never gets old and always gives me a great energy boost in my tired afternoon state. I can't tell you how much I love fruit! And soy milk (I really do enjoy the taste of soy milk!)

Dinner:
Dinner was a bit of a mix and match of different things I was feeling. I was definitely in the mood for charred veggies (note the brussels sprouts, broccoli and corn, as well as baked beans and eggs (I think I was also in a breakfast-y mood :)
Does anyone else like slightly burned veggies? I just think the flavour is so good!

Well, that's what I ate! Be sure to head on over to peas and Crayons for some more meal- inspo from other bloggers, or just to scroll mindlessly through pictures and pictures of food :)

Bye for now! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...