Wednesday 8 October 2014

WIAW #26- Sunshine, lollypops and oats!

What-up Wednesday party-goers!
Party? You ask...
Why it's the WIAW party! Yay! New to the party? Head on over to Peas and Crayons, where the link-up all began!
And while at an awesome party, one must eat lots of awesome things.. so onto the eats from Wednesday!
After a lovely lie in (7:00am- that's late for me!) I sprung out of bed and headed straight to the kitchen to make some delicious vanilla protein oats with a side of kiwi/grape fro-yo!
And look- the Summer sun is back for some great morning pics:
The oats were just 1/3 cup rolled oats with a small banana, a dash of cinnamon, a sprinkle of chia seeds and a scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder along with 1 cup of almond milk, left to bubble away in a saucepan until all the liquid was absorbed:
Then, of course, topped with almond butter :)
The fro-yo was just 1 chopped frozen kiwi fruit+ a small handful of frozen grapes +3 big spoons of greek yoghurt, whazzed together in a small food processor until smooth:
Messy spoon shot:
Prettier spoon shot:

'Coz we keep it real on this blog :)
After a tiring, yet extremely fun morning of helping out at Holiday Kids Club, I was ready for lunch! What better fast- to -throw- together lunch, then my classic grilled sammy!
Grilled veggie burger, charred capsicum, mushrooms and eggplant on wholemeal spelt bread, spread with hommus with some spinach and sliced tomato aswell.
Then grilled in a sandwich press:
So yummy and so filling... perfect!
I also noticed my hair going crazy in the shadows as I was taking pics of my lunch, so thought I might snap a pic:
Snack: The usual, the yummy, the fruit with soy milk!
 Mmmm, crispy sweet and acidic granny smith with beautiful black juicy grapes... yep fruit is my candy :)

Dinner:
Dinner was weird because I didn't really know what I felt like, but I knew it was some sort of veggie. So I pretty much found every veggie in the fridge (and pantry) and made something!

 That was a big ol' veggie mash made with steamed pumpkin, swede, potato, purple sweet potato, carrot- all mashed up, mixed with some steamed broccoli, brussels sprouts and peas:
 With a side of organic blue maize tortilla chips and mashed avocado :) Just because.
And that consequently brings us to the end of this visual feast!

What did you eat Wednesday?
Favourite thing to put between two slices of bread?
Favourite quick-to-throw-together meal?

Eager to sticky-beak at everyone elses eats? Of course you are! Peas and Crayons is where it's at!

See ya later for some Thinking out Loud Thursday! :D

2 comments:

  1. Your eats are making me drool! so healthy and delish! I need to try that froyo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks so much athletic avocado- and yes, you do need to try that for-yo! :)
    Steph 2 chef

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...