Saturday 4 October 2014

Caramel pudding... for breakfast!

Hello! Happy Sunday!
You may have remembered in this post, me professing my love for dates. The craziness that something 100% natural could taste so close to the 'full-of-sugar-and-saturated fat' chewy caramels I used to love.
 As soon as the first piece of date passed my lips and I was brought into a caramel heaven, the cogs in my brain started spinning. 'Do you know what this means?' I asked myself (in my head of course;)
'Now we can make healthy caramel flavoured things!'
That was literally my face.
I was thinking caramel pancakes, caramel doughnuts, caramel ice cream... Caramel everything!
Then I woke up this morning and wanted creamy dreamy oat bran.
Then...
CARAMEL OAT BRAN!!!
Ok, ok. I'll stop with the cartoon movie pictures ;)

I rushed to the kitchen, grabbed a few ingredients and set about making what can only be described as a warm, gooey, caramel pudding

 Caramel Oat Bran Pudding:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oat bran
4 medjool (bigger and juicier) dates, pitted and chopped
1/4 banana, sliced (I froze the rest of mine)
sprinkle of chia seeds (optional)
sprinkle of sea salt flakes (optional, but I definitely recommend it to bring out flavour and balance sweetness)
1 1/4 cups of milk (I used almond milk)

Method:
1. Place everything except the milk into a medium saucepan and stir to combine:

2. Stir in the milk:
3. Place on medium heat, stirring continuously until mixture thickens to your liking:

4. Leave to sit for a couple of minutes, to thicken slightly, then with a stick blender (you could also use a food processor) blend everything together until smooth:


5. Transfer to a bowl perhaps using this trick, top with anything you like- I would recommend nut butter/ coconut butter.
6. Whilst you're pudding is cooling, you could make some blueberry fro-yo by whazzing together some frozen blueberries and greek yoghurt until smooth:
7. Take a breath, have a smile and enjoy your brekky!


Yum!

Do you like caramel?
Do dates remind you of caramel?
What's your favourite caramel food? (bars/ice cream/ cookies etc.)

Well that's it from me today guys! Don't forget to have a delicious day of eats!
Bye! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...