Tuesday 7 October 2014

Mexican party at my house!

Ok guys, serious question.
Do you like Mexican food?
If you answered yes, continue on to the rest of the post, if you answered no, then we can no longer be friends. JUST KIDDING! If you answered no, you can read on if you want, or wait for tomorrow's WIAW post! Why? Because today's post is Mexican, Mexican, Mexican!
You may have guessed already, but I love Mexican food. Nachos, tacos, burritos, guacamole, salsa, quesadillas, corn bread- I could go on and on. So the other day when I was craving those firey Mexican flavours, I headed to the pantry, pulled oat the canned beans and lentils, Mexican chili powder and tortilla, along with a trip to the fridge for some mushrooms, capsicums, lemon, tomatoes, chili and fresh coriander- I was ready!

Into my fry pan went 1/2 tin of red kidney beans, a few scoops of lentils, 2 chopped mushrooms and a generous shake of Mexican chili powder, along with about 1/2 cup of water. This bubbled away on a medium heat for about 20-30 mins, until all the water was absorbed (you can always add some more)
In the meantime I went about making a fresh crunchy salsa!
I chopped up a little bit of each coloured capsicum, 1/2 a beautifully ripe tomato, 1/4 red chili and 1/4 of a bigger sweeter chili, a small handful of coriander and then squeezed in some lemon juice:
I also chopped up some avocado- because what's a taco without avocado?
Production line:
Finished spicy beans:
Pile it on:

Fold it over:
Take a pretty picture:
And yes, there will be leftovers- makes for a delicious side salad :)
Again, I just want to reiterate how much I love this cuisine, it's right up there with Italian and french as my favourites.
I think I'll do more posts on a single cuisine to show my appreciation for all of them (I really do seem to focus on Mexican and Italian) so don't be afraid to leave a comment asking for a specific type of cuisine you want me to feature- I'll be happy to try anything! (Spanish, Irish, Greek.. bring it on!)

Anyway that's it from me today- like I said, tune in tomorrow for some insight into my eats!

Do you like tacos?
Do you prefer nachos? I think I do, but it's pretty close
Do you like coriander? I hear it's one of the most hated herbs on Earth!

Have a great day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...