Friday 3 April 2015

A craving...

Hello friendly friends!
You know, I had almost forgotten what a craving felt like. It has probably been a good few months (maybe more?) since I have genuinely needed something to keep my body from crying out.

I mean, I still had certain moods for what food I wanted but not a full-throttle craving.

Then I woke up Wednesday morning and my body told me it needed something!
 This guy!
Well this guy in particular:
 I was craving oats. C.R.A.V.I.N.G!
 So I whipped up a big mug full of banana steel cut oats and generously blobbed peanut butter throughout.
 Craving satisfied! Or so I thought...
Then I woke up Thursday morning...
 Chocolate steel cut oats!
 With a delicious blueberry and green grape fro-yo to balance out that awesome chocolatey-coconuty richness. :)
 Frozen blueberries + frozen grapes + 3 big scoops greek yoghurt whazzed.
 This was a good breakfast!
 Better together:

 Craving satisfied?!?
Guess again!
Come Friday morning...
 OIAJ! Banana, cinnamon steel cut oats in an almost empty (you know there was quite a bit of PB left ;) jar of peanut butter with a side of mango fro-yo.
 Mango fro-yo; you will always be my one and only!
 Again- such a good brekky! Warm, gooey, MANGO-Y!
 Perfect.
 Ok, so you would think by now- after 3 breakfasts in a row involving oats- that my cravings would have been satisfied?
Woke up this morning, ran a glorious 20km, came home and....

Steamed some pumpkin:
 Why?
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE OATS!!
 After steaming and mashing about 1/2 cup pumpkin I added 3/4 cup rolled oats to a pot with 1 thinly sliced banana, 1 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon, a dash of nut meg and around a cup of almond milk- heated until absorbed.
 Then steamed pumpkin stirred through along with 1/2 heaped cup greek yoghurt (optional) for the cheesecake flavour.
 Half poured into my bowl, sneakily dolloped in some cashew butter, added the other half, topped with more cashew butter- et voila!
 Another glorious bowl of oats!
 I wonder what's on the menu tomorrow? ;)

What about you?
Do you ever go through phases of loving the same thing over and over? I think I've been in that phase with white sweet potatoes for quite a while now!
Favourite bowl of oats? I've gotta say, I'm getting a new obsession with chocolate oats!
Oats hot or cold? I like both, but hot- warm and gooey- will always have my heart. As well as sticking to my ribs :)

Have a fabulous Easter weekend- enjoy the chocolate, don't fear it! Have fun! Bye friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...