Wednesday 15 April 2015

Sun shenanigans and a recipe!

Morning sunshines!
Speaking of sunshines- you guys might have noticed I've had a few run-ins with the sun regarding morning sun positions for my breakfast photos. (See post) and sometimes I win (ie. the sun has decided to play nice and shine where I want to take a pic) and sometimes the sun just decides it doesn't like me.

Anywho- where I am going with this is today was one of those strange days where the sun decided that I deserved a good breakfast photo. In the most annoying way possible ;)

This was my sunny photo spot:
Hey, all I needed was to zoom in and hey presto!
A delicious creamy green smoothie bowl topped with mixed nut butter granola drenched in beautiful sunlight!

Of course in typical annoying brother form, as soon as I finished brekky (only what, 10 minutes?) this was the new scene:
There are worse things in life I suppose *sigh*
Ha-ha just kidding- there are seriously such greater problems in this world and I'm spending my mornings battling with the sun. Nice, Steph.

Now hows about a yummy recipe?
YUUUUSS!
The sun seems to be happy to shine at lunch time!
These pink things were delicious chickpea and mixed veggie patties- sooo good!

Mixed veggie burgers

Ingredients
1/2 carrot, grated
1/4 medium beetroot, grated
1/4 zucchini, grated
small handful peas (fresh/ frozen)
1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons lentils, drained and rinsed
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Water

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a tray with baking paper
2. Place the veggies in a bowl
3. Whaz up the chickpeas, lentils and spices in a small food processor until quite smooth
4. Mix the bean mix with the veggie mix until combined
5. Form into patties and place on baking tray
6. Bake in oven for 25-30 mins until slightly golden on top
7. Leave to cool slightly and then eat!!
I enjoyed mine topped with a little salsa- ohh yehh.
And also the best thing in the world:
Oven roasted white sweet potato. I can't even look at this without almost crying with happiness. So much love.

I don't know if it's the crispy outside or the soft, sweet, fudgey inside... but oh my...
Never leave me!!

On that lovely (somewhat crazy) note I will leave you to your day- make it a good one! Eat something glorious and tell someone about how glorious it was... I do it everyday here on this blog! ;) Bye!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...