Saturday 4 April 2015

Happy Easter Morning!

Good morning chummies!
Happy, happy Easter to all of you!
How much chocolate have you consumed already? Don't lie to me ;).

So this morning I woke up hungry! Hangry, even- I'm not too sure... I did know I had to eat though!
I always find I'm like this the day after a really long run. I need ALL. THE. FOOD. And- not being one to ignore my body- I eat ALL. THE. FOOD! :)

Not only did I go for a long run yesterday, but I also spent the majority of the day standing (because my body is not a fan of sitting) then had to have an early dinner at 6:00pm, followed by 2 1/2 hours of waitress-ing (all my waitress buddies out there know how much running around it entails) followed by collapsing into bed a little hungry. Therefore, I kinda knew I would be a crazy ravenous beast when I awoke this fine Sunday morning!

I'm not going to lie... chocolate was consumed at breakfast... I thought Easter was the perfect excuse to make one of my all time favourite truffle recipes:
Chocolate coconut fudge truffles! They may look small- but looks are definitely deceiving here! These guys fill me up so much, they're perfect! :)

Choc Coconut Fudge Truffles

Ingredients:
2 heaped teaspoons rolled oats
1/3 cup muesli (with/ without fruit- today I went without)
1 heaped scoop choc protein powder (or 1/2-1 tablespoon raw cacao powder)
1 tablespoon coconut butter
1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk)
Optional- ground cinnamon

Method:
1. Place the coconut butter, protein powder/ cacao powder and almond milk in a small microwavable container and microwave for around 30 seconds (alternatively heat on stove in small saucepan until all melted together) stir to combine.
2. Place the oats and muesli and optional ground cinnamon in a bowl. Add in the chocolate-cocon ut mixture and stir with a spoon to combine (of course hands are the quickest method of combining- it does get a little messy though ;)
3. Wet hands slightly, roll mixture into balls and place on a plate lined with baking paper and pop in  the fridge for 30 mins until hard.
4. EAT!
I enjoyed mine with a delicious berry banana green smoothie- which was awesome!

Inside view of fudgy heaven:

Unfortunately this epic breakfast cleaned me straight out of my favourite brand of chocolate protein powder:
Not only is this guy vegan and full of wonderful plant based, organic ingredients- it also tastes great too- not chalky or bland or funky at all! Unfortunately though, my local supermarket has stopped selling it (and my all time favourite vanilla vegan protein powder too!) and I think I'll have to resort to buying it online (which is probably even easier than having to go to the shops, pick it up, take it to the counter... etc.)

Any-who, where I'm going with this is that last time I was at the shops I decided to branch out and try a new brand- dun, dun, DUN!
This bad boy looks pretty promising, so I'm hoping his awesome nutritional stats don't bring his taste down!
I'm thinking my first experiment with him will be this super rich/ thick chocolate protein green monster! Fingers crossed for a delicious outcome!

What about you?
What did you eat for brekky this morning? My mum was very traditional and had a hot cross bun with butter- good call!
What is the most filling breakfast you make when you're starving?
Ever had chalky/ bland/ funky tasting protein powder?

That's it from me today folks. I hope you all have a lovely Easter, hopefully you're with your friends/ loved ones! Enjoy the chocolate, enjoy the long weekend, enjoy life! Because that's what life is all about! Bye friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...