Friday 23 May 2014

PB+J!


Guess what happened today? One word. Cockroach. Worst word ever invented.
OK, maybe I should explain a little.
I was putting on my jacket at school and felt something funny as I put my arm through my sleeve, I didn't think it was anything- a few minutes later something crawls out onto my hand- COCKROACH! I scream and jump (and very nearly cry) and keep screaming and jumping for a good 10 minutes until I'm certain there is nothing left lurking in my jumper.
BLEECCHH!
It was sort of a coincidence that on peanut butter fingers blog post today was a list of 8 fears and her number 8 was cockroaches!
Well that was a bad part from today, but I like to focus on the good and as usual the good was...
BREAKFAST!
That my friends is my bowl of overnight oats inspired by the classic PB+J sandwich!
So really it's peanut butter and berry over night oats with banana!
Ingredients:
3/4 cup muesli
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)
1 banana
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 handful of mixed berries (fresh/frozen)
extra milk

Method:
1. The night before make your overnight oats by placing the muesli, chia seeds and milk in a bowl, stirring and placing in the fridge overnight.
2. The next day you will have this:
Give it a little stir:
3. Now you can make your jam by placing the berries in a small bowl:
and heating in the microwave for about 1 minute (you may need more depending on microwave)
4. Place in a small food processor along with a few chunks of banana for sweetness:
5. Whaz until smooth:
6. To make your peanut butter mixture, place peanut butter and about 1 tablespoon of milk in a small bowl and microwave for around 20 seconds, stir to combine:
7. Place in the washed food processor with some banana and whaz until smooth:
8. Cut up rest of banana, add to overnight oats (I also added some multi-grain cheerios) then lightly stir in jam and peanut butter mixtures to create a sort of swirl effect
Enjoy!
Next time I think I'll freeze it in my icy-pole molds and create PB+J oat ice creams!
Yay! It's the weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...