Monday 5 May 2014

Steph's insightful insights!

I think about things. A lot. Some genius. Some... not so much. But I thought today, I would share with you some of the tips, tricks, values, knowledge and wisdom I have picked up over the past 15-and-a-bit years I have been on this Earth. Bored already? Skip to the bottom- there's a recipe ;)
Intrigued... carry on reading!

Number 1. I BELIEVE A BALANCED DIET IS A COOKIE IN EACH HAND!
Number 2. SOMEONE NEEDS TO TELL ME: WHAT WAS THE GREATEST THING BEFORE SLICED BREAD?
Number 3. IF SWIMMING IS SO GOOD FOR YOUR FIGURE, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN WHALES?
Number 4. Lastly I want to leave you with my favourite piece of advice..
BE YOURSELF.
UNLESS YOU'RE A UNICORN.
THEN BE A UNICORN!
Well, there you have it! A teeny peek at my brains-a-thinking!
Now for those of you who came for the recipe.
Who likes cookies!
Don't be silly- you all do!
Especially soft, chewy, oaty, nutty cookies :)
Healthy AND yummy enough for breakfast!
Ingredients:
50g rolled oats
20g oatbran
3 brazil nuts, roughly chopped (or any nuts of your choice)
1 large dried fig, chopped (or sub in any dried fruits- figs are just sooooo good!)
1/4 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)
1-2 tablespoons nut butter (I used about 1.5 tablespoons of peanut butter)
Optional- coconut butter for topping

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a tray with baking paper
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl:
3. Heat nut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds until runny, add to dry mix along with milk and stir (I used my hands :)
4. Form into two balls, flatten slightly and bake for around 10 mins, until hard on top (they will still be fudgy in the middle :)
5. Remove from oven place on wire rack to cool slightly- top with coconut butter-or anything you like!
I also made a green smoothie to go with it (you know tea smoothie and cookies!)
That was just 1 chopped, frozen banana with 2 handfuls of frozen mango and two BIG handfuls of spinach with a sprinkle of chia seeds and some milk (depending on thickness- I probably used 1/2 a cup) chucked in a blender and blended until smooth and creamy:
Cookie:
Cookie + Smoothie:
Cookie dunked in smoothie (Mmmmm, green tea!)
And to end this some-what random rambling from me, I will leave you with something that makes me soo happy:
Cheese on toast!
But really- hommus + nutritional yeast + water mixed together on toast and grilled in oven... YUM! Seriously people- Who really thinks I'm missing out?
Ok, bye for now!
Don't forget to speak your mind! Ask questions, think about things.. and have fun while you're at it!
Have a marvelous week!
:D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...