I feel like I've done a lot of eating during the day and oh, there it is again, a
Now, there seems to be two types of dinners for me:
1. Dinners that take a long time to prepare and I can just zone out from the world and cook for an hour or two.
2. Dinners that involve quick cooking foods that can be made in a rush, yet still fill me up (generally involving veggies that can be eaten raw/ can be sauteed in a hot pan quickly.
My go-to quick dinners include:
- Fried eggs, sauteed mushrooms/ capsicum/ eggplant/ zucchini, with toast that's usually topped with hommus/ avocado/ vegemite (and sometimes a combo of these)
- salads- spinach, tomato, carrot, capsicum, peas, beetroot, drained beans/ torn up veggie burger/ tofu
- Microwave rice cups with frozen peas, corn capsicum, beans, other veggies and salsa
- toasted sandwiches (my favourite being a hommus, avocado and baked bean jaffle!)
- Anything with long, slow roasted veggies (Y.U.M)
- Barley salads (generally with roasted veggies)
- Baked sweet potatoes with a delicious topping of some kind
- Lasagne (wow, I haven't made lasagne in ages! I better remedy that!)
- PIZZA! (me loves pizza :D)
So I started off by making this:
Ok, maybe not. Any who I steamed up 1/4 large beetroot for about 30 mins, whazzed it up in my mini food processor and then squeezed all the juice (and a bit of the actually beetroot) into a small bowl to make...
beetroot pizza base!! Yay pizza!
I topped my pizza off with some no-added-salt, 100% tomato paste, lots of vegan cheese, fresh basil leaves, sliced tomato and mushrooms, chopped capsicum and eggplant, sliced olives, sliced red onion and a
Who am I kidding, I probably enjoyed it more thinking it looked like play dough! ;)
I ate that baby at home, at a table, with plenty of time swirling around me, enjoying every second. Saturday night was a totally different experience, but that's a story for another day (ie. tomorrow or the next ;)
What about you?
Go-to quick-to-throw-together meal?
Favourite lengthy meal to create?
Favorutie pizza dough recipe? Mine will probably forever me my pumpkin base, although I love the play-doughy appearance of the beetroot base.
Bye for now folks! Remember to make today a fantastical day! :D