Monday 13 January 2014

A new take on sushi!




After my big burger lunch extravaganza, I thought dinner should feature my other favourite take-away type food. With a few alterations, just like the burger. :)
Pumpkin Quinoa Veggie Sushi Rolls:
Ingredients:
150g pumpkin
1/2 cup quinoa (1 1/2 cups water to cook in)
Fillings of choice (I used garlic tofu, carrot, capsicum and avocado)
2 sheets of sushi seaweed
Optional- steamed greens to place in center:)
Method:
1. Steam/ boil/ microwave pumpkin until soft. Mash until smooth. Leave to cool
2. Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve for 2 mins. Dry toast in a medium saucepan for another 2 mins. Add water, bring to the boil and then simmer until all the water is absorbed. Add to pumpkin mixture. Leave to cool.
3. Prepare your veggies by cutting them into long thin strips
4. Place your seaweed on a bamboo mat (I simple used a tea towel with glad wrap on top)
5. Place pumpkin mixture and veggies at the end closest to you, press down, then wet the closest part of seaweed to you that is not covered in filling, roll until the ends just meet the wet part. Pull mat back, wet the next part and roll again, until you have created a tight roll. Store in fridge for 10-15 mins.
6. With a sharp, wet knife cut the sushi into desired thickness and serve!
Here is my sushi from a birds eye view:
Here is a close-up... mmm sushi goodness
And here is the pumpkin I used... I'm sure some of you were wondering :)
Well, that was delicious... but not nearly as delicious as breakfast- I'm sure you can guess what it is, being my favourite breakfast and all :)
I am the type of person who hates having the same thing day after day- I always want to try new things, but this is the one meal I could eat daily and never tire of it!
Close-up goodness:
Ok, you can stop drooling over my breakfast now. Catch ya later! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...