Monday 6 January 2014

Pumkin base stuffed crust pizza!

Yeah. That's right.
Yesterday my family and I went out to lunch, where I had the biggest salad known to man:
Delicious! However after that ginormous salad, I thought dinner could feature my all time favourite fast food. PIZZA! Steph style...
PUMPKIN BASE STUFFED CRUST PIZZA: (dairy, wheat, egg, meat free)
Ingredients:
100g pumpkin- cut into cubes
150g flour (really any kind will do. I used wheat free bread mix and brown rice flour)
Pinch of oregano and basil
1/2 teaspoon dried instant yeast
1/4 cup luke warm water
2 teaspoon olive oil
Toppings of choice and crust stuffing of choice (I used mixed four beans and tofu)
Vegan cheese:
1 tablespoon hommus
1teaspoon tahini
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
water to thin

These are the flours I used:
Method:
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Steam/ boil the pumpkin until very soft ( around 20 minutes)
2. Meanwhile, stir the yeast into the water and sit for about 5 mins.
3. Combine the flour and herbs in a mixing bowl, create a well.
4. Pour in the yeast mixture oil and cooled mashed pumpkin. Mix until combine (don't be afraid to use your hands) , then turn out onto a floured surface
5. knead for 10 mins and place in an bowl coated in oil. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and place in a warm area (i put mine in the oven... turned off!) for 45 mins
6. Punch the dough down, knead lightly on a floured surface and roll out to desired size.
TIME TO GET CREATIVE!
7. Create a ring with whatever it is you want to stuff your crust with (I chose mixed beans and tofu other ideas include; cheese, vegies etc.)
8. Then, fold over the edges and press down on the rest of the dough to seal.(I brushed the folded edges with some vegan cheese *recipe above* to make sure it stuck)
9. Add any toppings you love!
Mine included: salsa, (as my sauce) spinach, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, sweet potato and parsnip. With a drizzle of the vegan cheese (recipe above)
10. Place in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
11. ENJOY!
My finished product:

Bye, for now. Happy pizza making!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...