Tuesday 14 January 2014

Nacho Nacho Man!


...I want to be a Nacho man!
Especially after yesterdays lunch :)
But before that, get excited because look what I got.....
Yay! All my school stuff... joy :) I actually think I was more excited about the box:
Does anyone else love those little Styrofoam thingies?
Well that prompted me to cheer myself up by making a delightfully delicious lunch. I think I've been on a fast food kick lately... of course they are healthified, but you can't really taste the difference:
NACHOS!
When I was younger and I was at a restaurant the only two things I would order were margarita pizzas and nachos- without the guacamole and sour cream, with lots of cheese. I am so glad my taste buds grew up! :)
Nachos- Dairy, wheat and added sugar free:
Ingredients:
Veggie mash-
100g sweet potato cut into cubes
25g parsnip cut into cubes
'Meaty' Salsa-
125g tin mixed four beans
50g vegetarian mince (I used Quorn mince- you can omit this if you prefer/ want to make it vegan)
3 cherry tomatoes chopped
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1-2 tablespoons of salsa
Guacamole-
1/2 an avocado scooped and chopped
1-2 tablespoons of corn kernels (I just used tinned corn)
A few strips of capsicum and chilli (to your liking)
Vegan cheese-
1-2 tablespoons hommus
1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast + water to thin
Corn chips-
2 small corn tortillas (gluten free)

Method:
1.boil/ steam veggies for veggie mash- 20 mins. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Meanwhile make guacamole by combining ingredients in a small food processor and wazzing up until it reaches your desired consistency- store in fridge.
3. Cut corn tortillas into triangles and arrange on baking tray:
Bake in the oven until crispy (maybe 10 mins) transfer to cooling rack.
4.Make the vegan cheese by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and thin, set aside
5. Make salsa by adding all the ingredients apart from the salsa to a small fry pan, add 2 tbs water and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed (3-6 mins) on medium heat. Stir through salsa
6. Mash the soft veggies for the veggie mash.
7. Place corn chips on a plate, spoon over veggie mash, then spoon over salsa. Drizzle over the vegan cheese ( I mainly targeted the chips)
8. Heat in the microwave for 50 seconds until cheese resembles melted cheese:

9. Spoon over guacamole... ENJOY! :)
For your ultimate enjoyment, make sure you get a little bit of everything on your chip:)
Mmmm nachos...


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...