While trying to think up an imaginative and creative title for this post, one word just wouldn't budge from my brain. YUM!
On my ever growing list of things to create, healthy pretzels have always been there. I woke up a bit earlier than usual yesterday and decided to take advantage of this.
May I present to you... A stroke of genius...pretzel style:
Steph's Breakfast Pretzel for One:
120 g flour (gluten free/ all purpose etc. I used approximately 62g of wholemeal spelt and 58g brown rice flour)
10 g oat bran (or just crush up your own oats in the food processor)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk) plus extra to brush on
1 tablespoon oil
Optional (for added nutrients) 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 1 tablespoon of LSA mix
2 tablespoons milk (again I used oat milk)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl
3. Stir in the wet ingredients, until you have to use your hands- shape into a ball:
4. Roll out a long snake on top of some baking paper, long enough to form a medium sized pretzel.
5. Make the shape of a pretzel, then brush on some milk to act as glue in the places the pretzel meets and brush a coat all over pretzel to stop it from drying out:
7. Make the glaze by combining banana and milk in a small blender/ food processor and blending. Spread immediately onto warm pretzel:
9. Your welcome.
The pretzel itself isn't exactly like the typical pretzel you can buy, but this one just reminded me of eating a big chewy cookie... YUM!