Saturday 5 July 2014

A day in the life of a Healthy Living Blogger :)

I don't generally go into too much detail about my day to day life, mainly because I think it's sort of... boring. However I enjoy reading other blogger's 'Day in the life..' posts. Sooo I got to thinking that I might just do one so you awesome readers can have a glimpse into a typical (non-school) day.

My day usually begins around 2:30am when I am awoken by something or other (or maybe my brain is confused because I've finished the best part of my sleep (between 10pm-2am)) before I am back off to sleep for another good 3 hours or so. Then I am up at the crack of dawn (not really seeing as it's usually 5:30am and pitch black) where I turn on my lamp and read for about an hour (don't want to go crashing about in the kitchen waking everyone up!)

At around 6:30/7:00am I'm up and adam! My belly is yelling for food and that's the first place I'm headed. Today I wanted ice cream... then it started raining. I still wanted ice cream, but also something warm:)
Match made in heaven. What is it you ask?
Rich chocolate cheesecake ice cream in an almost empty jar of almond butter with a cinnamon cake in a mug!
Ingredients:
Ice-cream:
1 frozen banana
2 tablespoons of greek yoghurt (optional if vegan/dairy free)
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon choc protein powder

Cinnamon cake:
1/3 cup wholemeal spelt flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Chopped unsalted mixed nuts (I used about 4 different nuts chopped)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
chia gel (1 teaspoon chia seeds mixed with 1 tablespoon milk (I used oat milk)
1 teaspoon olive oil
extra oat milk (about1/4-1/3 cup)

Method:
1. To make ice cream place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy (I had to stop about 5 times to scrape down sides)

2. Place in almost empty nut butter jar (or bowl) and store in freezer until ready.
3. For cake, mix together the dry ingredients and whisk the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Whisk in together

4. Place in mug/cup and microwave for 1 minute- check with skewer (comes out clean it's ready) I had to put mine in for another 10-12 seconds:

5. Enjoy!
How I enjoyed my brekky:



 Soo good:
After brekky I blogged for a bit (hello breakfast fail) then I went for a run (about 45 mins after brekky- gotta let the food digest)
I ran for about 20 mins- don't really know how far, probably around 5K, I don't generally run for the distance or calories burned.. just for the fun of it and I have really restless legs that constantly need to be on the move!
After running/showering/dressing mum and I went grocery shopping where I bought a lot of fresh food and also restocked some tinned beans/tomatoes/ oats/ soy milk etc.
When we arrived back I organized everything away. Then did my weekly 'waste nothing!' mission:
I had tons of fresh corn leftover:
That turned into frozen corn!
I also had some over-ripe bananas:

Hello ice-cream!
But I still had the leftover peels etc. Not to worry!

Handy Mr. Compost bin was here to help!
My tummy was telling me it was lunch time now! Unfortunately I didn't snap a picture.. but I did snap yesterday's lunch:
Yes.. my famous grilled veggie sandwich! I added something to this one however to make it extra special:
Almond butter! It made the world of difference and tasted soo good!
Piled up the veggies, toasted in a sandwich press and voila!
The bread was a delicious rye/sourdough panini:)
While making lunch I forgot to use my avocado (it needed to be used today!) and I hate waste.. soo...
 I froze it!
And also used my ninja knife skills to take the seed out (axe into it, turn it and pull it out!)
That afternoon I watched Down With Love- such a good movie!
Then Ash was due for her yearly needles at the vet so mum and I walked her up:
Put that tongue away!
To finish off the day I roasted some veggies for dinner (I love veggies so so much!)
Sweet potato, heirloom carrot, potato, celeriac and parsnip drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with fresh rosemary and roasted for 1 hour at 160 degrees celsius :)
Simply placed in a bowl with spinach and some garlic tofu:
Wow! What a lengthy post! If you managed to stay and read the whole thing, give yourself a pat on the back! I'd love to hear what you think of posts like this- if you like them or not.
I hope everyone has a restful and relaxing Sunday! Bye! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...