Wednesday 30 July 2014

WIAW #16- Food makes me smile:)

Hello, hello, here we are again with a look into What I Ate Wednesday, glimpsing into the spoiled life that is my stomach!
Linking up with the wonderful Peas and Crayons!
Let's get to it, shall we?


A full 24 hours of eats:
Breakfast:
A big mug of fudgey chocolatey steel cut oats with chunks of cocnut butter mixed in and a side of mango froyo!
My steel cut oats were 1/3 cup steel cut oats + 1 big tablespoon of raw cacao +1 chopped banana+ 1 1/4 cups of oat milk+ a dash of cinnamon
All placed in a saucepan over medium heat and simmered for 15-20 mins and then left to sit for another 10-15 mins to cool and thicken (this is when you stir in a bit of coconut butter (mines solid from the temps being so cold in Aus))
Soooo chocolatey and good!
Lunch:
 A sourdough/ rye panini type sandwich.
Filled with hommus, spinach, mashed sweet potato, mashed lentils mixed with salsa, grilled capsicum and grilled eggplant, nice and toasted in a sandwich press:
Snack:
A cut up peach, some blueberries and soy milk :)
Dinner:
STUFFED SWEET POTATO!
Hmmm, I wonder what colour it will be...
PURPLE! :)
Stuffed with a veggie burger, salsa and a side of barley, sauteed mushrooms, olives, pumpkin, parsnip, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, hommus and nutritional yeast:
Good stuff.

And... back to breakfast!
Some frozen banana whazzed up with greek yoghurt:

Topped off with some raw muesli mixed with oat milk and cashew butter (1 tablespoon cashew butter+1/3 cup oat milk) that was first heated in the microwave for 30 seconds and then rubbed into muesli:
I also added some wholegrain cheerios and fresh blueberries :D
I don't know why, but I've suddenly taken to raw granola more-so than my cooked versions- like in this post. For some awesome cooked granolas check out here and here.

And there you go- 24 hours of food that's passed my lips and made me smile!
Your challenge for this week: create as many yummy dishes as possible this week, that leave you with a sheepish grin plastered on your face after the first bite!
Have a great Wednesday and don't forget to see what everyone else is nom-ing!

2 comments:

  1. OK now those are some oats I can get on board with. Never thought about making a chocolatey version but love banana in oatmeal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm glad you like the oats! There was a time when I only put banana in my oatmeal... oh how the times have changed!
    Steph x

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...