Tuesday 8 July 2014

WIAW #13

Hidy-ho everybody! It's Wednesday once again and I have managed to photograph everything that entered my tummy in the past 24-hours. I'm gonna call it-Breakfast to breakfast!
Not sure what WIAW is? Head on over to Peas and Crayons to find out!

Breakfast (24-hours prior)
I cooked up some steel-cut oats, which is something I've never tried before before quick-cooking oats are just so much.. quicker! Seeing as I have extra time in the mornings thanks to school holidays, I let these oats bubble away for a good 20 mins, adding some banana and pb near the end:
I alos made some berry yoghurt (mixed frozen berries, thawed, whazzed up with some greek yoghurt:
And that was breakfast!

Lunch:
This was pretty breakfasty (in everyone elses eyes but mine) it was a toasted whole-grain bun, which was filled with a sweet potato and cashew dip, grilled eggplant, grilled capsicum, sliced tomato, spinach and two poached eggs.
After toasting it was topped with some guacamole (1/2 an avo+ 1 teaspoon lemon juice+ some chives and chopped chilli, all mashed together)
Things got messy.. :)
Afternoon snack:
You guessed it! Fruit and soy milk!
Dinner:
Roasted white sweet potato wedges topped with some coconut butter, some grilled tempeh and a quinoa and carrot salad.
 I'm still not sure I like tempeh, but I keep trying to see if the taste will grow on me :)
The salad was just steamed purple and orange carrot circles and some steamed corn mixed with tri-coloured quinoa, spinach and lemon juice.

Back to breakfast:
This was today's brekky:
A green thickie with chocolate peanut butter granola :)
The smoothie's  based off this recipe minus the nut butter:

I also added some greek yoghurt (optional)
The granola...
about a 3/4 cup muesli mixed with:
1 tablespoon nut butter (I used peanut butter) a dash of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon raw cacao and about just under a 1/4 cup milk (I used oat milk)
Heated in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then stirred until combined:
Mixed in with muesli:
and baked in an oven at 180 degrees celsius for around 15 mins (it won't be crisp, but I like mine sort of doughy anyway :)
And combine!
Sweet creamy green smoothie + bitter, rich chocolate granola= goooood
You all know how this beautiful breakfast ended though, don't you...

Nice and ugly!
And there we go. 24 hours of food from me to you!
Don't forget to head on over to Peas and Crayons (when the link-up is up) to check out what everyone else has been eating on this fine Wednesday!
Have a great day! :D





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...