Thursday 10 July 2014

Blogger shout out!

Happy Friday everybody! TGIF, am I right (well, everyday feels like the weekend for me.. have I mentioned I'm on holidays? ;)
Speaking of hols.... I now have plenty of time on my hands, meaning plenty of time to make delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners!
So without further a do, a post given to you, that's truer than true, about food.. woohoo!
For breakfast this morning I made a Running with Spoons creation (blogger shout out!)
It was her recently posted banana bread mug cake!
And my own recipe for mixed berry yoghurt (thawed mixed berries, 1/2 banana, 3 spoons of greek yoghurt-whaz!)
I microwaved my cake for a bit long- but it was still really good!

And of course my amazingly difficult recipe for berry yoghurt was awesome too ;)

Lunch time!
I love telling people I had something for lunch but not explaining it any further and watching their confuzzled faces :)

Example: I had a hot dog with fries yesterday for lunch :)
WHAT!?
Well... a wholemeal spelt hot dog roll with some hommus, 2 mini veggie sausages, salsa, plenty of salad and sweet potato fries:
Gotcha!
It was soo tasty though (I think my healthified version is even better than the original!)
Sweet potato fries:
Drizzled with olive oil and roasted at 180 degrees celsius for 25 mins-ish:

I bet you can figure out how I managed to make the hot dog- bun, hommus, spinach, tomato, veggie sausages, salsa:
 Om Nom:
Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner,dinner, dinner- BATMAN!
Wow, there must have been something in that banana cake!
Dinner was an original recipe of mine:
Oven baked bean balls!
Ingredients:
1 pearl onion sliced
2 button mushrooms sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
5 semi-dried tomatoes
1 sprigs worth of rosemary leaves
3/4 cup red kidney beans and lentils (drained and rinsed)
extra water

Method:
 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, line a tray with baking paper
2. Place everything but the beans and water in a small frypan with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil:
3. Place on medium heat stirring until caramelized:
Hello flavour!
4. Place beans, lentils and onion mix in a small food processor:


5. Whaz until smooth- adding water until it looks like this:

6. Use a spoon to form into balls and place on a baking tray:
7. Bake in oven for 25-30 mins until golden brown:
8. Serve with anything you like (spaghetti, sauce, veggies)
I served mine atop a steamed veggie mash with peas and spinach:

With a little salsa over the top:
Yum!
Breakfast, lunch, dinner and no sign of pre-packaged convenience foods!
Have a great day! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...