I haven't had pancakes in sooooo long, so I thought it was about time I brought them back into my
Of course they are also vegan, wheat free, egg free, dairy free, soy free yada yada yada, but the point is- they are deee-licious!
Choc chip vanilla pancakes
35g wholemeal spelt flour
25g rolled oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cocoa nibs (or choc chips!)
1/2 tablespoon oil (olive, coconut, chia.. any oil you like)
chia gel (1 teaspoon chia seeds mixed with one tablespoon milk of choice)
3/4 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine:
5. With a large spoon (or pour batter into a jug) dollop mixture onto pan and wait until lots of little bubbles appear before you flip (1-2 mins)
While I was cooking up my pancakes I wanted a super duper quick and easy smoothie...
green nudie juice and some greek yoghurt for an epic, creamy smoothie?
Hello Mr peanut butter!
Sitiing all lovely and pancake-y with my cheats smoothie:
1. They were covered in peanut butter:
Now onto the rainbow part of this post. It has come to my attention that I think I may have a unicorn living in my tummy. Why? Because I am constantly eating rainbow meals and everyone knows that unicorns eat rainbows and poop butterflies (no wonder I always have butterflies fluttering in my stomach.
Maybe I am the unicorn
Firslty this mixed veggie and quinoa mash:
Next were some rainbow lunches:
An eggy scrambly mess:
Lastly, an oldy but a goodie: The classic roast veggies (sprayed with my new coconut oil spray!)
1. Pancakes are awesome (not really learned, but reinforced)
2. Rainbow, colourful plates are not only good for you, but look awesome too
3. I may or may not be a unicorn ;)
Tata for now! :D