Saturday 12 July 2014

In with the new and the old!

If you have been a long time reader of From Steph to Chef, you may have figured out my absolute favourite breakfast, or even my absolute favourite food for that matter.
Of course I am talking about the delightfully delicious peanut butter and banana toastie! I was going through my photos and realised just how many times I have photographed this one breakfast! So I made a little collage for you:

Today I realised I hadn't had one of these in yonks (like maybe more than a month!) and decided that I needed to fix this:
 Paired here with some mango froyo! 
 If I had to choose my next favourite breakfast, it would be simple creamy banana oats, and of
recently- steel cut oats:
1/3 cup steel cut oats + 1 cup milk ( I used oat milk) + 1 sliced banana
Let bubble away for 10-15 mins, stirring occassionally- then I usually have to add a touch more milk, bubble for 5 more mins, then I just like to let it hang out in my bowl (mug) for 10-15 mins, to cool and let the flavours infuse)
Eaten here with a simple berry smoothie:

With a spoon of peanut butter and a dash of cinnamon:
So as you can see I like sticking to my tried and true old recipes, but I do love to experiment in the kitchen as well- just check out my breakfast page!
After working hard at cleaning my room (I mean cleaning!) something I haven't done ever! I went through everything and through out maybe 50% of my stuff (well gave it to the op-shop)  I figured I needed to make my room more 15-year-old-y and so I've also started on a secret project which I shall reveal to you when I have finished! Anywho, I was working up an appetite and quickly whipped this up:
 Another oldie but a goodie- a toasted wrap!
spread with hommus, topped with spinach, grilled veggie burger, grilled capsicum and mushrooms, sliced tomato and avocado, grilled in a sandwich press.
check out my awesome wrapping skillz:

 It's also very nice and neatly tucked in there:
My new lunch was a delicious salad, with a side of roasted pumpkin and organic vegetable tortilla chips:
The salad was soo good. After reading this post, I decided to cut my veggies up nice and small so I could have a taste of everything all at once- genius!
In it was torn spinach and kale, diced tomato, carrot, capsicum, peas, beetroot (cut into matchsticks) dried tomato strips, chopped chives, basil, garlic tofu and a nice squeeze of lemon juice= yum!
So colourful :)  The roast pumpkin was simply cut then drizzled with olive oil and roasted at 180 degrees celsius for 30 mins.
This lunch was pretty darn tasty and filling!
And now I just want to leave you with a pic of last nights sky:
Because pink really is everywhere :D
Have a fabulous Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...