Saturday 19 July 2014

Pancake Sunday and Rainbows :)

Hip, hip hurray! It's pancake Sunday (yeah that rhymes!)
I haven't had pancakes in sooooo long, so I thought it was about time I brought them back into my life tummy. I was feeling some choc chip vanilla ones :)
Of course they are also vegan, wheat free, egg free, dairy free, soy free yada yada yada, but the point is- they are deee-licious!
They are not what you would call sweet, but that's the way I like em! If you prefer sweeter, feel free to add some real vanilla extract, or some maple syrup etc.
Choc chip vanilla pancakes
Ingredients:
35g wholemeal spelt flour
25g rolled oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cocoa nibs (or choc chips!)
1/2 tablespoon oil (olive, coconut, chia.. any oil you like)
chia gel (1 teaspoon chia seeds mixed with one tablespoon milk of choice)
3/4 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)

Method:
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine:

2. Add in the oil, chia gel and milk and mix until well combined (add more milk if neccesary) and until you reach a pouring cream consistency:
3. Spray a non stick fry pan with oil... look what oil I found!
4. And place the pan on a medium/low heat
5. With a large spoon (or pour batter into a jug) dollop mixture onto pan and wait until lots of little bubbles appear before you flip (1-2 mins)
Flip!
6. Once golden brown on both sides, place on plate (cover if you like to keep warm) and repeat with remaining batter.
While I was cooking up my pancakes I wanted a super duper quick and easy smoothie...
TADA!
What's easier than whazzing together a green nudie juice and some greek yoghurt for an epic, creamy smoothie?
7. Once all pancakes are cooked, top with any thing you like and enjoy!
Hello Mr peanut butter!
Sitiing all lovely and pancake-y with my cheats smoothie:
 I do love pancakes:)

I have another solution if you find them not sweet enough..
Unfortunately these bad boys cleaned out my peanut butter jar, but I am constantly looking at the good things that come from this:
1. They were covered in peanut butter:
 2. I now have an almost empty jar of peanut butter... the opportunities are endless!
Now onto the rainbow part of this post. It has come to my attention that I think I may have a unicorn living in my tummy. Why? Because I am constantly eating rainbow meals and everyone knows that unicorns eat rainbows and poop butterflies (no wonder I always have butterflies fluttering in my stomach.
Wait.
Maybe I am the unicorn
 Haha jks. Any way! Onto my colourful meals of late:
Firslty this mixed veggie and quinoa mash:

It was simply steamed sweet potato, potato, swede, beetroot and pumpkin mashed with some cooked tri-coloured quinoa, steamed broccoli and brussels sprouts and some garlic tofu

Next were some rainbow lunches:
An eggy scrambly mess:

Sauteed off some mushrooms, grated carrot, capsicum, broccoli, kale and peas and corn with some cooked brown rice. Placed that to the side. Scrambled some eggs (2 eggs whisked with nutritional yeast and hommus) and mixed them together. topped off with some medium salsa:

My second lunch was a snack plate of various foods:
2 poached eggs, roasted sweet potato, baked beans and peas and some mixed veggie organic tortilla chips. There was also some salsa added after for dipping :)
Lastly, an oldy but a goodie: The classic roast veggies (sprayed with my new coconut oil spray!)
With lentils, mixed beans and spinach:
So we've learnt a few things from this post:
1. Pancakes are awesome (not really learned, but reinforced)
2. Rainbow, colourful plates are not only good for you, but look awesome too
3. I may or may not be a unicorn ;)
Tata for now! :D










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...