Saturday 20 September 2014

Banana truffles

Hello everyone!
It's Sunday.. and I think it's about time we had another recipe! I don't know if it's going to trump last weeks, though it sure does come close.
Before we dive straight in I have breaking news!!
Guess what appeared on Coles supermarket shelves! It's the first time I've seen it in Aus! It's apparently awesome! (haven't tried it yet) It also apparently originated from Japan and was favoured for it's sweetness and pleasing texture.. ok that's not really an apparently- it's fact... anyway I'm EXCITED!

Hello Kabocha! :)
 
I can't wait to roast this little baby up and have my life changed forever. (wouldn't it be funny if I hated it.. no that wouldn't be funny :D)

So I'll get back to you on my experience. In the meantime I shall fill this space with a recipe.

Last week I shared these choc coconut truffles:
  Well, today I was feeling the banana flavour and so...
Created banana coconut truffles!

(I will get back to some slightly different recipes once my obsession with these fades. If it fades;)
Here's what you do:
1. Place 88g of muesli in a bowl:
 If you like, sprinkle in some chia seeds.
2. Mash 1 banana:
3. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut butter in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons milk of choice. Microwave for 15 seconds, stir and then another 5. Stir again until smooth:
4. Combine everything together in the muesli bowl and mix until fully combined:
5. Form into balls and place on a plate lined with baking paper: (You should get about 7 balls)
 6. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
7. In the meantime you could make some strawberry mango fro-yo...
Place 3 frozen strawberries and a small handful of frozen mango chunks in a small food processor with 2 big scoops of greek yoghurt. Whaz until combined:
Place in the freezer until required.
8. Once the balls are ready and feel a lot firmer, take em' out and enjoy!
See, a normal person would probably only eat about 3 of these and then have leftovers for the next day. Emphasis on the normal part.
 It was breakfast time. I was hungry ravenous. I ate them all. :D
Yes, I was pretty full afterwards, but they were just so good!

 The fro-yo was super yummy too!
 Something was missing though...
 There we go!
Happy tummy :)

Well, I'm off to go do some more Sunday things (homework, blog prep, more homework) soI'll catch you tomorrow for another round of the 10-day-you challenge!

See ya! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...