Tuesday 2 September 2014

WIAW #21

Happy Wednesday! I feel like I say this every week, but time flies, doesn't it? I'm not complaining (almost holidays for us Aussies) and I'm also not complaining about the delicious eats I've had!
Wanna see? (of course you do!)

Thanks to Peas and Crayons for the link-up!
Breakfast:
After a mug of warm lemon water and a quick purely twins workout my stomach was ready for brekky, where I also made my lunch for school at the same time (I do like productive mornings!)

 I had yet another almost empty jar of nut butter lying around (this time it was cashew butter) and decided I would fill it with hot steel cut oats this time.
 It was simple and delicious- 1/3 cup steel cut oats + 1 sliced banana + 1 1/2 cups of almond milk + a BIG dash of cinnamon and a dash of chia seeds- heated to boiling and then simmered for around 15 mins, where I left it to sit for another 10-15 to cool (half way through its cooling time I transferred it to the jar so the nut butter would melt :)
 Meanwhile I made some frozen blueberry yoghurt:
 It was just a handful of frozen blueberries and about 4 big spoons of greek yoghurt whazzed together:
 This was a gooood brekky :)
 Love me some creamy desserts first thing in the morn'
 Especially love me some oats in a jar!
 For lunchkins I made a big salad sandwich on home-made spelt bread:
 Topped with mashed lentils and hommus on one side, beetroot dip on the other (love the colour!) and spinach, baby cucumbers, sliced tomato, capsicum strips and grated carrot= very filling!

Snack: Included a super ymmuy peach, some grapes and a glass of soy milk :)
 Dinner:
Dinner was delicious yet again (Good food day for me!) with a big bowl of rice, steamed veggies (sweet potato, pumpkin, swede, parsnip and potato, plus brussels sprouts and broccoli) mixed with kale pesto with a side of runny poached eggs:)




What did you eat Wednesday?
Sweet or savoury for breakfast?
Pesto? Love it? Hate it? (You know I love it!!)

See ya later friends- wanna see what everyone else is nom-ing, head on over to Peas and Crayons!

4 comments:

  1. If I could eat pesto on everything I would. Unless it is up against peanut butter, then it stands no chance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,
    So true. Just so true.
    :)
    Steph 2 chef x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rice and veggie dish looks amazing. Now I'm starving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, sorry Dave! You should make it- it's dead easy and delicious!
    Steph 2 chef

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...