Saturday 27 September 2014

More bang for your buck!

Hello ladies and jellybeans! Happy Sunday!
As you all know I like to purchase and eat food. Wait. Don't we all?
Well, I especially love to buy something yummy and healthy and then make it yummier and healthier!
If I buy a pre-made soup at the supermarket, you can bet that I'll add some of my own steamed veggies, or beans or peas to the pot. Got some wholegrain cheerios- they'll go straight into a mix of muesli with some nut butter for a yummy granola. The same goes for most other pre-made meals and so on.
The other day I wanted to drink a green nudie juice I had bought a few days ago. I also wanted some wholemeal crumpets to go with it. I pictured my planned breakfast and knew that wouldn't fill me up!
So I had to do some creative thinking, which resulted in my original juice shape-shifting into a smoothie!
Presenting my awesome idea:
Place in blender and whaz!
Ta-da:
As you can see by the slight colour variations, I only had a little bit of peanut butter left, so  sotherd the res of the crumpets in cashew butter :)
I was full full full:
Since it's the weekend I've also enjoyed some other yummy eats worthy of sharing that have also been pumped up by mixing ingredients to form 'super' foods. (I don't really believe in super foods in the sense of ancient berries never before heard of. For example I would list eggs as a super food. And nut butter.. :)
But that's a whole other topic for a whole other post!

Instead let's check out yesterday's brekky:
 Baked vanilla protein oats topped with cashew butter with a green smoothie. Yum!
For the oats I simply placed a serving size of rolled oats (my serving size;) into a pot with the required amount of oat milk (look to your packet instructions) and a scoop of organic vegan vanilla protein powder and bublled it away until the milk was absorbed. Then I poured the oats into a small ramekin thing-o and baked in the oven for 20 mins at 180 degrees celsius.
 The smoothie was simply 1 chopped frozen banana, some frozen chopped cantaloupe, a few spoons of greek yoghurt, chia seeds, big handful of spinach and a dash of water.
T'was very tasty indeed!
Then lunch rolled round and the stomach began growling again.
I was in a veggie mood again so into the pan went some veggies:
Grated carrot, zucchini and brussels sprouts, chopped capsicum, tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli and some frozen peas and corn and garlic and olive oil- sauteed up!
With some instant brown rice thrown in at the end:
 And then a last minute decision of scrambled egg, using this method.
Then topped with some salsa:

Another filling and yummy meal!

Do you usually eat differently on the weekend?
More or less?
Do you enhance any supermarket bought products?

Have a relaxing day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...