Friday 7 November 2014

Best way to start the day for an exam :)

Hello, hello folky folks! It's Saturday! Yay!
 Do you know what that means?
 It means no exams!
Fridays, however, mean two exams... maths and geography... yay.
So how do I deal with exams and make sure I'm in the best possible state when sitting them?
I have a few tips!
No, sorry... I'm not going to give you the secret to ace-ing an exam, I'm just gonna give you my tips on how I get through them.

So Thursday afternoon I didn't freak out. I didn't sit in my room surrounded by books and cram. I went for a walk and read over my notes. That's it. (I had prepared earlier... if you have not- CRAM! don't stress, it'll make things worse.) Then I relaxed in the evening and went to bed at a reasonable hour, making sure I got around 8 hours sleep.

Waking up refreshed, happy and energised I screamed a 'Good Morning!' to the world and then went out for a morning run.

Now even more refreshed and energised I made some brekky to fuel my brain!
Some vanilla protein balls (1/3 cup rolled oats, handful wholegrain cheerios, scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder, 1 tablespoon of coconut butter mixed melted with half a cup of almond milk (microwave) and.. that's it!) Stirred to combine then formed into balls and placed in the freezer for 30 mins.
Washed down with a brilliant green smoothie:
This one had 1 chopped frozen banana, 1 chopped frozen kiwi fruit, 3 scoops of greek yoghurt, 1 handful of kale, one handful of spinach and some almond milk- all whazzed up to smoothy smoothness.
I had a nice balance of fat (coconut butter) carbs (oats and wholegrain cheerios) protein and calcium (protein powder, almond milk, greek yoghurt) dark leafy greens (spinach and kale) and deliciousness (everything)
You bet I ate all five of those protein balls... I was a hungry-hippo and- ofcourse- wanted to make sure my brain was well fed too ;)

So checklist:
Well rested- tick
Energised- tick
Prepared- tick
Well fed- tick

Exams- bring it on!
Why my routine works for me:
First of all, I am a morning person, so waking up early and going for a run sets me up for a great day. Secondly I'm a breakfast eater- if I don't eat breakfast I will faint, so breakfast is a must. Thirdly I'm a strong believer in enjoying oneself so this routine works for me! If you love sleeping in snuggled in bed, do it. It'll make you happy :)

In reality, preparation is your biggest success story.
Except of course when life throws you this in an exam:
Preparation will do nothing :D

There's always that one question!

Your turn!
How do you/ did you prepare for exams?
What was your routine prior to exams?
Any scary/ funny exam stories?

Bye for now friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...