Monday 24 November 2014

The smoothie bowls are back in town!

Hi folks, how are we all today? I'm pretty fabulous because it's almost Summer here in Aus. The good fruit is coming back in season. The bright sun is warming up the place and I've been craving smoothies like it's no body's business. Especially smoothie bowls!

 Post
I started this blog back when it was Summer, so if you're a long term reader, you've probably seen a few of these bowls... however they seemed to disappear for a bit in winter in favour of my warm comforting oats!
Don't believe me? Here's a look at the past few weeks:




Cannot get enough!
This is my kind of cereal and milk!
All the granola in the pics are home made and you can find lots of different recipes for them on the blog here, here, here, here and here!
There are also heaps of different smoothie recipes on my recipe page:) So get cracking on those smoothie bowls. It sure does beat soggy flakes of processed stuff in bland milk!
I am not a creature of eating the same thing day-in-day-out, so I either change up the smoothie.. or change up the granola. Usually just the flavour of the granola, but the other day I changed it's very form!
My smoothie base consisted of 1 chopped banana (didn't have any frozen ones left) a handful of mixed frozen berries, a big handful of spinach, 3 big scoops of greek yoghurt and a splash of almond milk all whazzed up in a blender until smooth. Poured into a bowl and placed in the freezer until ready to eat.
I wasn't ready yet because I was making my granola.. balls:
:)
All I did was make a typical granola (1/2 cup muesli in a bowl with 1/3 cup almond milk and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter heated together in microwave and then rubbed into muesli) and formed into balls, before baking in oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15 mins until golden. Left to cool slightly because you don't want a warm smoothie!
 It's like the breakfast version of meatballs in sauce :D
Ok, probably not the best comparison, but you have to admit they look quite similar ;)

Before I go I wanted to leave you with a smoothie no bowl included that was absolutely fabulous and that you should make right away (It would work wonderfully in a smoothie bowl too :)
 This was 1 chopped frozen banana + 1 handful of frozen red grapes + 3 scoops of greek yoghurt (omit if vegan- or sub in vegan yoghurt) a splash of almond milk (it all depends on how thick you want your smoothie)
 It's extremely creamy and makes you question whether or not you added ice cream to the mix! Seriously, if I hadn't made this myself I would be interrogating the maker to prove there was no cream/ ice cream- frozen bananas are amazing!
Y-U-M

Your turn!
What's your favourite smoothie?
Do you like green smoothie? I know some people get freaked out by them- not me!
Smoothie bowls- best things ever or what?

Bye for now friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...