Sunday 15 March 2015

If breakfast was a person...

If breakfast was a person....
We would be best friends.
We're both morning people, we're both fans of breakfast foods (eggs, yoghurt, cereal, oats, smoothies etc.) and we're both unforgettable! (Haha, that last one was mainly for breakfast- you should never forget breakfast!!)
This passed week has dealt out some killer breakfast (killer in taste not effect) and I feel like sharing is caring (and I also feel like that is an over-used cliche... that I just used- no shame :)
OIAJ (oats in a jar) made a come back twice this week (that's what happens when you have two jars of opened nut butters in the fridge that you alternate between each day- they both run out at the same time) and both times have been gooood.
Pictured above was some choc protein steel cut oats (1/3- 1/2 cup steel cut oats + 1 scoop choc protein powder + 1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao powder+ a few big dashes of cinnamon + 1 cup almond milk + 1 cup water- bubbled on medium heat, stirring occasionally for 15-20 mins, left to cool for 10 mins) in an almost empty jar of almond, sesame seed and chia seed butter.
Love a good chocolate-filled breakfast!
Lettuce not forget the cool side-kick though!
This cup of beauty was a BIG handful of frozen blackberries whazzed up in a small food processor with 3 scoops of greek yoghurt. So good!
Also very essential as the refreshing-ness of the berries makes the richness of the chocolate more bearable= you can eat more! :) Logic.
SPOON SHOTS!
My favourite type of breakfasts usually feature a smoothie too, however simply sipping sculling down a smoothy will do nothing for the hunger that torments my inner being (yep, hunger is that deep people) so smoothies go with something else that actually requires the use of my teeth. I am not an old granny yet.
They go especially well with coconut butter truffles! 1/2 cup muesli+ 1 tablespoon coconut butter melted with 1/3 cup almond milk in the microwave- 30 seconds- rolled into balls and placed in the freezer for 30 mins until set.
This bad boy was 1 large chopped frozen banana+ 1 handful kale and spinach+ 3 big scoops greek yoghurt+ juice of 1/2 squeezed orange- whazzed until smooth.

Inside view:
Let's just take a moment to appreciate that fudgey-ness.
Good.
Very good.

And finally... I cannot believe in all of my fro-yo creations I have never created this one:
The oats in this pic are just a bowl of my favourite oats.
Topped with a good amount of peanut butter. :)
The fro-yo?
Now, I've made mango fro-yo, I've made peach fro-yo, kiwi fro-yo, banana fro-yo, blueberry fro-yo, blackberry fro-yo, grape fro-yo and probably some others that aren't coming to mind. For some reason I have never, ever made...
PLUM FRO-YO!
Boy have I been missing out!
On the weekend I bought some seriously ripe and juicy plums and knew I was going to freeze them for smoothies. Then my brain eventually remembered my beloved fro-yo obsession. Happy days.
Not only is the colour amazing, but the taste- oh my green peas! Sweet, plum-y... perfect.

See what I mean by a good week of breakfasts? Yep if breakfast was a person we would be BFF'S (best foodie friends :)

What about you?
Do you love breakfast?
Favourite breakfast. Ever?
Favourite way to eat oats? In a jar? In ball form? In a bowl with spoons and spoons of nut butter? ;)

Bye for now friendly friends- have a great day!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...