Sunday 21 September 2014

3 FILMS

Hi friends! Happy Monday!
Obviously Mondays are my favourite day of the week ;)
As a foodie I believe food has the all-powerful power of bringing someone out of Monday-itis! So my best cure for this fearful condition is an out-of-this-world delicious brekky!
Yes, yes I agree. No body has enough time on Monday's to whip up a plate full of fluffy pancakes or a fry-up for kings, though I do have some super-yummy breakfasts just from last week that brightened every day and was made in minutes.
In fact here was last Mondays:
Toast 2 wholemeal crumpets, spread with nut butter (or whatever you like) and a green smoothie on the side... done!
Oats and fro-yo!
 For the oats simply place 1/2 cup rolled oats in a saucepan with 1 thinly sliced banana, a dash of cinnamon and some chia seeds along with 1 cup milk (I use oat milk) and heat until bubbling- where you begin to stir vigorously to 'whip' the banana in- keep stirring until thickened to your liking. (in the pic above topped with almond butter)
Mango fro-yo? A handful of mango + a cup of greek yoghurt- whazzed up in a small food processor. Done!
Choc protein overnight oats with grape ice cream
This breakfast is even quicker as half of it is made the night before!
For the choc protein oats- Place 1/3 cup muesli in a bowl/ cup with a sprinkle of chia seeds. In a separate bowl, place 1 scoop choc protein powder +1/2 tablespoon raw cacao powder and  3/4 cup of milk (again I use oat milk) and microwave for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for about 15 more- stir again.  Then stir into the muesli and place in fridge over night!
For the grape ice cream, freeze a handful of grapes over night and place in a food processor along with a chopped frozen banana. Whaz until ice-creamy (you may have to scrape down sides a few times)

So if you haven't had breakfast yet- or lunch or dinner... try one of these! Then thank me later. I really love it when you take that first bite of something you've made and you get that goofy grin on your face. Priceless moment.

Another good way to brighten my day and hopefully yours would be to continue on with the 10-day-you challenge (which has turned into the 10-week-you challenge;) Today we're up to 3 films!


This was another hard one guys! I love movies and I have soooo many favourites! I have come to a decision though.

To make my choice easier I chose my top three films of the past year or so:

3. Hunger Games
You see I loved the Hunger Games books and I was really weary to go and see this movie, figuring the movie might ruin the book because we all know that you should never judge a book by it's movie ;)
But this movie did not disappoint! It was so good and pretty much stuck to the book entirely. The actors were perfect and it took me about 2 weeks after seeing it just to get over how awesome it was!

2.  Divergent
I didn't end up reading this book before I saw the movie because I didn't really get into it (apparently it gets really good after where I got up to in the book! Of course.)
The movie makes me want to read the book and the others too! It was so intense and awesome and sad and happy and every emotion you could feel crammed into 2 hours! When a film can take you on that emotional roller coaster you know it's good!


1.  The Fault In Our Stars and Frozen
Yes. I did it again. I hate choosing my number one top something- it's too hard and I loved both of these movies equally. My excuse for this week is that they both start with F so it's allowed :D\
The Fault In Our Stars rocked me to my core and Frozen had me laughing louder than I ever have before. I also remember watching 'Let it go' for the first time and being mesmerized! Unbelievably good!

Ok well, this post turned out longer than expected! That's ok though.. we all like to procrastinate just a little on Monday ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...