Friday 5 September 2014

Fun Food Facts Friday!

First of all, thanks for all the wonderful comments on this post- and to everyone who asked, yes I will come and cook for you all- more cooking for me :D
Anyway, since it's Friday I thought I might do a fun little post about amazingly awesome food facts I've come across.
But first- my breakfast. Why? Because it was flipping brilliant :)
Berry ice cream topped with peanut chocolate granola:
I made the ice cream with 1 chopped frozen banana, a handful of frozen berries and 2 big scoops of greek yoghurt (optional for vegans) and whazzed in a food processor until soft serve-y (had to scrape down the sides a few times)

The granola was just some muesli, cacao nibs, wholegrain cheerios, buckwheat flakes and chia seeds mixed in a bowl; 1/2 cup of milk+ 1 spoon of raw cacao heated in microwave and stirred until combined; then rubbed into muesli along with some peanut butter (around 1 tablespoon)
Then placed in oven, spread out on a tray lined with baking paper, at 180 degrees celsius for 15 mins:
 The granola was really bitter on its own and I was worried after tasting it, then I put it with the ice cream... let the pictures do the talking:


Yeh... it was pretty good :)

Now who wants to hear some fun facts about food!

Nutella alone uses 25% of the world's hazelnuts


Most popcorn comes in two different shapes when it's popped; snowflake and mushroom

The can opener wasn't invented until 48 years after the invention of the can


Honey is the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including enzymes, vitamins and minerals and water

Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave


 Does anyone else wanna try this?

The water of a coconut is identical to human blood plasma. Lives in 3rd world countries have been saved from it, fed through an IV

 And again:
So they were just some interesting facts I came across when bored (thumbs up for time well spent at school when finished everything!)

I hope everyone has a fab Friday.... I do love Fridays... and aslo a great weekend!
Eat some good food- you know I will be! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...